R8 Rover 214 SLi £230

RobT

'Here we have' the R8 that I bought two weeks ago. 84,000 miles, MoT until May 2016, and is a tidy old thing. Comes with lots of history and had the headgasket done a few years back. I bought it just for the sake of it, but reckon I'm done with Rovers for the time being so will move it on.

Ideally could do with two rear tyres (tread is legal, just old with cracking on the walls) and needs the idle sorting as it runs a bit fast. I cleaned the ICV which made no difference, so I'll have a go doing the throttle body next to see if that helps. It drives fine but the fast idle makes it a bit tricky to drive smoothly around town. Bombs along nicely on the motorway and temperature is steady at the quarter point, so hopefully no kettling is imminent.

Not sure I can be arsed raffling this one, sorry, but will see how it goes.

post-5013-0-40019900-1441575041_thumb.jpg

post-5013-0-69240600-1441575075_thumb.jpg

post-5013-0-34399600-1441575092_thumb.jpeg

JohnK you do not need to buy all the R8s.  That said, Rob is a great person to buy from and this looks like an absolute cracker for a meagre £230.  I paid more than that for my saloon which is less practical, less tidy and carrying an extra 30,000 miles or so and had a knackered clutch and ruined front brakes.

So, when's the collection thread?