Dateless number wanted- NOT platerape, classic desecration

NorfolkNWeigh

Ok, I know this is going to offend some people but does anyone have an old cherished* number on retention lying in a drawer somewhere ?

I need to hide the age of my ancient (58 plate) Merc, in much the same way as coach operators do.

I've only got about £500 to spend which seems to be a bit optomistic for an English 3x3, but not that far away if it's got Xs,Ys or other unlikely initials in it.

I can buy NI 3x3 direct from DVLA for £399 all in or wait for the next auction at the end of the month and possibly get a 2x3 English one for about £500 including vat and fees.

58 plate ancient? That's bang up to date modern, anything ancient has a handle poking out the engine.

Have you tried the autotrader website? The mag always used to have loads of cheap plates in the back, I assume they have transferred that on the website when the mag stopped.

Don't get NI.

I assume it's so your posh clients don't feel they're getting into an "older" car, but NI plates always scream "Bloke called Phil who will spell it FIL for a cheap private plate". They're a bit..... nasty. In my humble yet correct opinion.

Maybe your saving grace is one that ends in an I (the letter i) before the numbers, and a bit of cheeky reorganisation of digits.... so NWI 9970 becomes NW 19970 which looks classier. But will get you a bollocking.

What about buying a dead 90's rotbox with an accidental 6 figure plate (like J12ABC) and transferring that? Hides the age - on a modern it looks like a private plate and only costs you the £80 fee. Just make sure the "donor" has been taxed within 5 years and still has a SORN in place.

Just get NNW 123 made up, tape it over your real plates and run on that.

The fine for wrong plates is only £20. You'll need to be stopped twenty five times before you get to your £500 budget and there's so few plod on the roads these days that it'll take at least a decade to be stopped that often.

Just get NNW 123 made up, tape it over your real plates and run on that.

The fine for wrong plates is only £20. You'll need to be stopped twenty five times before you get to your £500 budget and there's so few plod on the roads these days that it'll take at least a decade to be stopped that often.

why not change your name to match your plate instead? That's only £80 by deed poll.

Yours respectfully, EFV156S

(but you can call me 156)

You can have CRE35A reg plate for £395 providing you also want a 1963 NSU Quickly thrown in!

Bike needs an MOT before plate transfer apparently, and is a bit of a wreck but all there and the engine runs sweetly. One owner from new before me plus all old and original paperwork and current V5 etc..

No? Ok.

Worth a try I suppose..

Will they do a good discount for buying two?

TW05 AVV

You can call me TS

;)

A93 NIS

£73.54p

Mate of mine is selling S27ROC, he wants £400 for it, I don't really see why it's worth it but that's what reg transfer offered him.

You can have CRE35A reg plate for £395 providing you also want a 1963 NSU Quickly thrown in!

Bike needs an MOT before plate transfer apparently, and is a bit of a wreck but all there and the engine runs sweetly. One owner from new before me plus all old and original paperwork and current V5 etc..

No? Ok.

Worth a try I suppose..

I have A19 EBA yours for £350

None of them dateless.

On the subject of plates I have been trying to get A666HGF for my Rolls. It hasn't been released by the DVLA and when I asked about it they said it would have to go to auction but they won't do that as it isn't likely to be popular. I then made an enquiry with one of the more expensive plate transfer companies apparently they can get it but it will be 1500 quid. Must be a good back hander going to someone.