Big Rover & Pork Based Sandwich - going to our very own Mr. Cavcraft/Barbara Cartland!

purplebargeken

It is with a fairly heavy'ish heart that I am thinking of putting the Rover 75 up for a roffle.

With the Olds, the Dolly, the Volvo and likely bloody Daf 44 I am strapped for cash and need to release some funds (any funds).

The only real way (apart from someone buying the Rover or winning on the Lotto) would be to initiate the now famous AS Roffle format.

I'll get some proper car details shortly but I am thinking of maybe £7 per roffle 'ticket'?

Any thoughts? Hopefully folk aren't all roffled out.

There are tons out there John, some better than others. I am completely open as to what I paid for it...... £340. I spent about £300 on it, replacement rear lights, spare alloy, thermostat housing, thermostat, a couple of hoses, some clips and labour. Oh, and a completely recon fan and module from the Rover forum. So that is £640 getting it purchased and mechanically sorted. No hope in hell of getting that back. Such is life and such is AS. Price on the open market? Feck all. Ideally just getting the £340 back would be outstanding but unlikely.

It has a lovely leather interior (blue), it has working air con, cruise, it has a wooden trimmed steering wheel, auto dim rear view mirror and has satnav (needs CD and CD player cassette - all available from ebay for about 40 quid). 

It runs beautifully, keeps to temperature and does not have coolant loss. Auto box has sport, econ and snow settings. The brakes break nicely.

This car will and does shift!

Needs: I am no longer that fussy about a cars appearance. I live in London and if you have a nice car some twat will come along and make it not so nice. Ideally a replacement rear bumper, both rear 1/4 panels have shit paint and so does a bit of the N/S rear door. Looks like a home rattle can job. One tyre looks to have feathered tread wear to one side, thinking TRE or drop link. MOT expires early Nov 2015. Mileage is not excessive, 70 or 80 odd thou. Mirrors need replacing, I have a set in the garage. Oh, and a dent in the top of the wing on the N/S. One washer jet doesn't work, likely blocked.

If not the Rover, then maybe the Oldsmobile for roffle, that would be a fiver a ticket. 

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8 ) Cavcraft

9)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

22) Cavcraft

23)

24)

25)

26)

27)

28)

30)

31)

32)

33)

34)

35)

36)

37)

38)

39)
40)
41)

42)

43)

44)

45)

46)

47)

48)

49)

Edit: do you have Paypal, Ken? I think (but could be wrong) that people usually find it easier to pay using tht. Your car, your lottery your rules, though!

Here you go! Piccies. Bear in mind it is pissing down and I wasn't lingering :)

The rain makes the paint look super glossy. It is but it does have what look like those scratches you get when putting a car through the whirly brush car wash shite. I wash mine by hand, why would I use a scourer.

A mopping would make it all happy again.

Please excuse the rubbish thrown onto the street by twats  :evil:

002_zps61gzy8vw.jpg

The correct shape number plate comes with the car

003_zpsk1cpm74u.jpg

Hard to really see the rattle can effect

004_zpsdnblimlh.jpg

or the bit on the door

005_zpscnvx7ohh.jpg

The ding is quite shallow

006_zpsvitb4nko.jpg

The feathered tyre

007_zpsgc1jj54m.jpg

The phwoar bits

009_zpscu8qfhv7.jpg

010_zps3ooduunc.jpg

011_zpsi0yzn4cf.jpg

012_zpszym4p6sy.jpg

013_zpshnodwhpp.jpg

I had to replace an indicator bulb shock horror. All the elecky bits work but the mirrors are a bit mad, I haz spares that will go with the car obv.

There are a few stamps in the service books but I have no other history with the car, sorry :(

Well, there you go. Sorry about the rain.