I need a change... Volvo S90 £750

stillOrange

Guest Hooli

I would swap for something on two wheels but not really after another car for now.

<Looks in garden at the six bikes>

I'm not getting rid of mine & I think Mrs Hooli would notice any of her four going missing, sorry.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'll be honest these, whilst lovely cars, are about as desirable as a dose from a hooker. At £850 you are well into S80/S60 money. I'd stick it on fleabay and see what it gets.

I don't want that to come across critical, as they are solid cars but there's just zero demand for big engined Volvos.

I concur. There's a nice-but-not-as-highly-specc'd-or-as-nice-as-Frank 960 3 litre saloon in Peterborough and the seller's struggling to shift it at £400. 

If Frank were a Luxury Edition estate at £850, he'd have gone at that price - which is pushing top money for estates as it is. 960s are in the no man's land between modern car and classic at the moment - that awkward 'unfashionably out of step old vehicle' phase. 

They're worthy cars. Genuinely excellent things provided you don't want to hoof around twisty roads. 

Alas, people don't want large engined saloons. They're convinced things will break and despite the higher monthly payments, they're convinced a £100 VED financed up box that does 55mpg works out 'cheaper in the long run.'

They're not hopeless on fuel either - VAJ does 27mpg around the doors provided you're not stuck in stop start traffic.

• 1 month later...

Something extremely nice happened in our family this week so we went for a posh celebratory meal out.

When leaving the house kids made sure I took the right car keys because apparently only Frank would do when it comes to nice occasions.

I must say that even without a wash and polishing he always looks brilliantly smart.

post-19541-0-54063300-1493577673_thumb.jpg

post-19541-0-32990100-1493577703_thumb.jpg