Motoring Chaos! (Part 2)

I did put it out on wednesday night as the forecast for thurs was a 'dusting' - instead we got 8inches.... I wouldn't mind but the bin was already full to bursting, and we seem to generate an unfeasably large amount of recycling, mostly due to the 8.3 tonnes of pedigree chum our pooches chow through every week.... :roll:

OH NO! As you can see below, we had some snow yesterday which made normal traffic impossible*! It lasted for like 20 minutes and then it was gone, and well, *these are my neighbours gardens which are closed off so there's never any traffic except for some loud cats. Still, in the evening(s) the roads were slightly slippery due to wetness and cold.

Posted Image

Posted Image

We still had a bum deal up here, the most snow in about 12 years, and it lasted about 6 hours. Nothing since. sub zero temparatures? Pah, I emptied the bin this morning dressed only in boxer shorts and a dressing gown, and my niples didnt even go hard.

Hey, I saw your Cougar being dug out of the snow from that very spot! My granny lives about a mile from there, and I live in the village itself. I went up to see if she was alright but got stuck the moment I turned into her drive. Gr8 work. It looked as if the road had been ploughed, but it hadn't...

Small world! Apparently she managed to enlist some local kids to help her dig it out. Looks very impressive though.. has there been any more snow today? I'm almost tempted to drive up for a look.

Can we have updates from anyone on the M1 - M6 to Manchester corridor tonight please. Wifey_Seth and Ickle_Seth are headed up tomorrow in t'Herald. Ta! :D

Forecast isn't brill for that section. Isn't it for snow anywhere up to Notts, starting in the south west? I've heard a report on another forum that it's snowing at Evesham. Very very raining here in the East at the mo.

Can we have updates from anyone on the M1 - M6 to Manchester corridor tonight please. Wifey_Seth and Ickle_Seth are headed up tomorrow in t'Herald. Ta! :D

Snow has virtually all gone from Manchester area. M6 has been strangely quiet today which is nice :D
Same in leeds, raining now, so wouldn't expect much more. loads of my guests have arrived on time today, so motorways M1/M62 seem all ok.

Thanks all. I figure that even if there's a bit of snow across the middle of the country tonight the motorways are likely to be cleared. She's got snow tyres if not. :D

GR8 4 DISSECTING ENGINES ON THE DINING ROOM TABLE.

She's just told me I'm not allowed to. But then she won't be here :wink: GR8 4 VISITNG DUNGEONZ!

Thanks all. I figure that even if there's a bit of snow across the middle of the country tonight the motorways are likely to be cleared. She's got snow tyres if not. :D

GR8 4 DISSECTING ENGINES ON THE DINING ROOM TABLE.

She's just told me I'm not allowed to. But then she won't be here :wink: GR8 4 VISITNG DUNGEONZ!
MrsSeth here. GR8 4 WORKING :!: OR GR8 4 BIG TROUBLE :!:

Posted Image

We still had a bum deal up here, the most snow in about 12 years, and it lasted about 6 hours. Nothing since. sub zero temparatures? Pah, I emptied the bin this morning dressed only in boxer shorts and a dressing gown, and my niples didnt even go hard.

***I seem to have purchased a K10 Micra - ***

WOAH - pics please Fatha!

... of the Micra, you fool :wink:

Auto?... 1.0 litre sir? Oooh! Suits you!

Mark.

***I seem to have purchased a K10 Micra - ***

WOAH - pics please Fatha!

... of the Micra, you fool :wink:

Auto?... 1.0 litre sir? Oooh! Suits you!

Mark.

Full Hirst style road trip report next week when I pick it up - the result of a random phone call to the bloke who runs tthe not so local tat fest garage wwhere we usually go and get work done... He olny knew of an X plate DisAstra estate for sale, which was more than I wanted to pay. So h said I could buy his Micra from him for 300 sobs with 12 months MOT and rent till May. So I said yeah go on then. Its fugly, been driven by everyone, but has had the oily bits looked after.

If you go down to the barn today, you never know what you'll find...

Posted Image

Posted Image

//img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/jim_reaper/autoshite/dumper.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Better late to the party than never I guess

Posted Image

8am Monday 2nd (had melted within the hour)

Posted Image

8am Tuesday 3rd (didn't last much longer)

Latitude + sheltered location in French bay + sea climate = CRAP SNOW

Still took the buses off the roads though. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, sorry to dig up this old thread, but I JUST WANT SUMMER NOW. This is not what I wanted to wake up to.

Posted Image

This took me 30 minutes. I did another 30 minutes worth and doubled the width, then gave up and decided to work from home. And it's STILL SNOWING. Bah. I had just finished clearing out another storm of this magnitude on this past Friday. My back is sore, my arms hurt, my hands are blistered...

Posted Image