Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Mk3. £200!

Cavcraft

1997 Astra 1.6LS

MOT January 2016

Still showing as taxed, but it's disabled so will need to be taxed at Post Office who can change the tax class at the same time.

123,000 miles.

It's the 8V, so therefore ace by default

Power steering, central locking and an aftermarket CD player that's so snazzy/down with the kids it doesn't seem to have a face. So I'll find another stereo for it.

Runs great, lots of old MOTs come with it, too.

Pictures show it on 15" steels and trims, but a couple of tyres are a bit shit, so it'll come on 14" steels with a set of as new 185/60/14 (maybe 195s, can't remember)  tyres, but possibly no wheel trims.

Rusty rear arch (quelle surprise) and the odd rusty spot/mark etc.

I'm a bit* biased as you know, but as a cheap runabout these are pretty much unbeatable.

astra mk3 24 08 2015 alf facebook.jpg

I'll get some more pictures at some point.

£250 (firm) drives it away from Chester.

8 v by default 'ace' - no it;s not as the 8v is fundamentally the late 1970s family II engine and stressed by 90s onwards emission control etc - does it eat valve gear as is the wont of that engine

Never had a problem with them. I think Vauxhall still use them, or stopped using them very recently. The 2.0 block is still being used in the Astra VXR.

Looks like the SPi! I can't have any more Astras. :(

8 v  by default 'ace'  - no  it;s not as the 8v is fundamentally the  late 1970s  family II engine and  stressed  by  90s onwards  emission control etc   - does it eat  valve gear  as  is the wont of that engine 

err, thats a family 1 engine, the smaller one. no issues there pal, and ony the very early ones ate cams, due to idiots thinking they would last like  a pinto on fuck all oil.

id suggest taking your meds.

err, thats a family 1 engine, the smaller one. no issues there pal, and ony the very early ones ate cams, due to idiots thinking they would last like  a pinto on fuck all oil.

id suggest taking your meds.

+1

The '79 onwards Opel OHC engine was/is as tough as old boots. Cam wear was an issue on the prehistoric Astra band Cavalier units but it's a 200 quid snott....appreciating classic.

Sold to a nice Polish couple. He did, of course, try and chip me down and feigned disinterest/headed back towards his own car , but I out poker-faced him.