Sweden - Spring Events Pictures

Zantimisfit

Scandiwegian countries had a fair number of Vauxhalls, FEs did unusually well there (including the Victor 3300SL estate. Lucky buggers); I'm told this is because for a few years after WWII the Finns, Norwegians and Swedes in particular weren't too fond of Germans. Can't possibly think why.

Plus grit rather than salt. Goes a long way. Even GS/As lasted alright in those countries.

Scandiwegian countries had a fair number of Vauxhalls, FEs did unusually well there (including the Victor 3300SL estate. Lucky buggers); I'm told this is because for a few years after WWII the Finns, Norwegians and Swedes in particular weren't too fond of Germans. Can't possibly think why.

Hmmm, why would the Swedes not be fond of the Germans? They did good business with them during the war and managed not to get invaded. Also, the Germans did a lot to help the Finns fight the Russians during the Continuation War. Norway, on the other hand, I can understand...

Hmmm, why would the Swedes not be fond of the Germans? They did good business with them during the war and managed not to get invaded. Also, the Germans did a lot to help the Finns fight the Russians during the Continuation War. Norway, on the other hand, I can understand...

*shrugs* It was merely the reason I was told Vauxhalls were offered in preference to Opels, accounting for the number of FE-series in particular there (my spare Ventora lights went to Finland, too). Could just be a judgement call by GM themselves on where to market the cars, but I can't think of a technical reason to want an FE over the similar Rekord, particularly when the FE sixes were positively antique compared to the CIH engines.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Wow, just ......wow. A lot of those cars look like you could get them back on the road with a few weekends work.

In 30 years time i don't imagine anyone coming across a field full of aldi a4s, binis and vectras.

Quick question, the blue convertible further up the page, is that half a car dumped or a full car buried? ( hard to tell on a phone screen)

• 5 months later...

God I love Sweden. Was chatting to Parky Jr. yesterday and he said out of all the exotic places we had been, Sweden was the coolest and he wants to live there. Having been there a dozen times or so myself I can't disagree with him at all

How have I not seen this thread before?   That's a better selection of yanks than you get at shows in the US - amazing.  

That Plymouth wagon is so wrong it's right and I want to do rude things to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll echo others' sentiments and say that this is a wonderful spotting thread and it does make me wish I'd taken the time to visit more of Europe before upping sticks and leaving. Estonia was about as close as I got to Scandinavia. Never mind, I can live vicariously through your photos!

Apologies also for not keeping up to date with this but spotting threads do drop off the main pages relatively quickly, tbh. I'm no hater of modified or performance cars but it is great to see such prosaic models like that Marina being restored. I've read about the Raggare scene before but how far does the lifestyle go? I'm guessing it's a bit more in depth than those who don a leather jacket when they go and ride their Harley, for example. 

• 1 month later...