Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

'68 Peugeot 204D New wings now fitted !!

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   dieselnutjob

dieselnutjob

• Full Members
  • 2,575 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

I have the repair manual for the 1548cc diesel in a 305 if you need any of it scanned in. I don't know how closely related they are.

Welcome to Autoshite's Closet Peugeot Fanciers Society.

65286.png96811.png604 blog

Low cost diagnostic tool for Rover, MG & Landrover cars www.pscan.eu

#62 OFFLINE   panhard65

panhard65

Full Members

• Full Members
  • 2,566 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Locationsomerset

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:25 PM

At last I have finally got the Pug running properly. I have had trouble ever since I got it going with the charging circuit. I replaced the regulator with one of those modern solid state type ones but still no luck. I then had the dynamo checked and the only fault they could find was it wouldn't cut in until 1800rpm. It was charging but only putting about half a volt in so changed the belt in case it slipped under load. Still didn't work. As a last resort I got a secondhand dynamo from Germany. Just the same except when the regulator was disconnected it started chucking out the correct voltage. I ring up the company I got the regulator from and say it must be faulty, go through all the tests I have done etc then he tells me I had ordered the wrong one FFS!!! When I ordered it I told him what it was for. I now have the correct one and all is well, what a nightmare

• garethj, anonymous user, dollywobbler and 5 others like this

'68 Peugeot 204 diesel estate

'99 Peugeot 806 of slightly less dents

'02 Porsche Boxster S 3.2
'02 Citroen Saxo Furio

#63 OFFLINE   panhard65

panhard65

Full Members

• Full Members
  • 2,566 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Locationsomerset

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

Well I have been running around in the little 204 and it is great, very slow but still great. I used the bike rack for the first time the other week and it really was rubbish so today the mig welder came out to play and a few modifications were made. I also got some new number plates from Tippers. The gasps of disbelief when I asked for reflective plates for a classic car were unbelieveable. I do think reflective plates look better on this and if it had been registered new in the UK it would probably of had them as they were the latest thing back in 1968. I will be using it for the classic car meet at Haselbury mill near Crewkerne on new years day, taking the Vespino along as well.

vespino 013.jpg

vespino 012.jpg

vespino 014.jpg

vespino 015.jpg

• Vin, M'coli, trigger and 15 others like this

'02 Citroen Saxo Furio

#64 OFFLINE   Felly Magic

Felly Magic

• Full Members
  • 5,544 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationGippeswick, which is near the fine place called Bungay!

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

Those tail lamps look very Maxi-esque

Yer can't beat a bit o' Autoshite

Felly :P

#65 OFFLINE   dollywobbler

dollywobbler

Mr HubNut

• Full Members
  • 23,436 posts
  • 19 thanks

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:30 PM

Excellent plate decision! Looks superb. 

As for the Maxi lamps, when I was really young and didn't know better, I thought these were Maxi estates. I'm talking when I was about six here. My poor parents. "Why has that Maxi estate got a different nose?" 

• Vin, Pillock, mercrocker and 1 other like this

1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1989 Nissan Bluebird
1990 Proton 1.5GLS, 1997 Honda S-MX, 2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog      HubNut Vids    Twatter

#66 ONLINE   Six-cylinder

Six-cylinder

• Full Members
  • 4,210 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationBuckingham

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

Work very boring, 204 pictures have brightened my afternoon.

At home and running:
2001 Alfa 156 V6 Sportswagon, 2000 Citroen C15, 1998 Rover 114 SLi, 1996 Citroen ZX TD Estate, 1976 Daimler Sovereign S2.

#67 OFFLINE   Lacquer Peel

Lacquer Peel

• Full Members
  • 8,286 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:49 PM

That looks superb, +1 I don't think it'd look as good with black and silver plates.

45bhp isn't bad at all for a 1.3 diesel from the 1960s, but I wonder if it'd accept some boost. What kind of injection pump is fitted, is it an 'in-line' Bosch?

#68 OFFLINE   PiperCub

PiperCub

• Full Members
  • 2,094 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationLow & slow right over your head!

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:50 PM

The Vespino looks like the automotive equivilent of a lifeboat for when you have a breakdown in the Pug!!! I really like this 204, stylish practical car.

Re: the number plates - I don't know why people have such a hard-on over black&whites, cars from the 60's onwards (certainly everything from 70's on) looks better with yellow/whites and most had that from new anyway. 

• Vin, trigger and Angrydicky like this

#69 OFFLINE   FPB7

FPB7

• Staff
  • 3,614 posts
  • 6 thanks

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:51 PM

My guess, rotodiesel

#70 OFFLINE   panhard65

panhard65

Full Members

• Full Members
  • 2,566 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Locationsomerset

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:10 PM

That looks superb, +1 I don't think it'd look as good with black and silver plates.

45bhp isn't bad at all for a 1.3 diesel from the 1960s, but I wonder if it'd accept some boost. What kind of injection pump is fitted, is it an 'in-line' Bosch?

It is a Bosch pump but that is all it says on it. The pipework is all on the rear end and it looks like a modern pump. It did cost me a few quid to have it overhauled and they told me that parts are unavailable and to change the filters very reguarly, so as much as I think it would run on veg it won't be getting any. The engines on these early cars (I believe this is one of the first 500 diesel's built) were a weak point so I need to be careful with trying to improve performance. It will sit at 50 happily enough so that will do.

• Lacquer Peel likes this

'02 Citroen Saxo Furio

#71 OFFLINE   trigger

trigger

• Full Members
  • 20,212 posts
  • 69 thanks
  • LocationIpswich

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:20 PM

I really like that, It's just nice to see something different from the norm for a change.

1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500 SE

1983 Rover 2600SE SD1

2004 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec

#72 OFFLINE   M'coli

M'coli

• Full Members
  • 7,267 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationSemper semi somnus

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:57 PM

vespino 015.jpg

Is that a PRV bottom end in the photo too? (Can we have this as a December photo please?)

"How would ya get a maaa-chine to do that?"

#73 OFFLINE   mercrocker

mercrocker

Morris Major Elite

• Full Members
  • 5,548 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationNew Forest

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:26 PM

Those reflective plates are absolutely bang-on, I hate inappropriate black and white plates and only had them on my '67 Oxford because at the time I couldn't get period reflective ones. Most new cars in 1968 would have had them, just a pity Tippers cant do 'em pre-bent and pre-soiled....

That really is a delightful car

1963 Morry Thou

1955 Cowley

1987 VW T25 Holdsworth

1990 190E

197? Portafold Caravan

#74 OFFLINE   panhard65

panhard65

Full Members

• Full Members
  • 2,566 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Locationsomerset

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:41 AM

Is that a PRV bottom end in the photo too? (Can we have this as a December photo please?)

The V6 lump is out of the Maserati. The guy who bought it was supposed to of taken the spare lump as well but the recovery truck driver wouldn't take it.

• M'coli likes this

'02 Citroen Saxo Furio

#75 OFFLINE   shumarialto

shumarialto

• Full Members
  • 4,424 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • LocationNear Edinburgh

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:52 AM

Very nice, i like it a lot. Plates look good. I could'nt bring myself to run it in all the winter salt but i'm a bit sad like that.

#76 OFFLINE   hairnet

hairnet

• Full Members
  • 7,107 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

cest combien la vesparino??

merci bien

#77 OFFLINE   Lacquer Peel

Lacquer Peel

• Full Members
  • 8,286 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:14 PM

Very nice, i like it a lot. Plates look good. I could'nt bring myself to run it in all the winter salt but i'm a bit sad like that.

I don't think winter salt is such an issue in the tropical south of England.

• loserone likes this

#78 OFFLINE   panhard65

panhard65

Full Members

• Full Members
  • 2,566 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Locationsomerset

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:42 PM

cest combien la vesparino??

merci bien

Not sure yet on the Vespino as I am awaiting a load of bits from Spain, but it will owe me around 300 I think but should have pretty much every thing sorted for an mot

I don't think winter salt is such an issue in the tropical south of England.

Yeap no salt on the roads down here I think so far this winter the gritters have been out once.

'02 Citroen Saxo Furio

#79 OFFLINE   carlo

carlo

• Full Members
  • 2,041 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:47 PM

Love these cars so much but undecided on the plates.  Still tend to think 60s cars look better on black plates.  Here's one local to me:

IMG00096-20100921-1322.jpg

• DeeJay and Junkman like this

#80 OFFLINE   Eddie Honda

Eddie Honda

• Full Members
  • 3,003 posts
  • 18 thanks

Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:31 PM

I'm not sure about silver digits, prefer white if I had to. Mind you, if I had an old Wolseley, I'd rig up a back-light and have TRANSLUCENT digits to go with the grille badge.

• Sigmund Fraud likes this

#81 OFFLINE   Vin

Vin

Piss on you, I'm working for Mel Brooks...

• Full Members
  • 2,205 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationBrigg, North Lincolnshire

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

This is such a great car 8)  The plates look ACE. Just right and bang up to date for 1968. :-)  :-) 

images1.jpg
1999 Fiat Marea Weekend 130 JTD
1991 Panda 4x4 Sisley
1991 Panda 750L
1986 126 FSM

1985 Panda 45CL
1981 127 Fiorino
1978 900T Citivan
1968 Lombardi Grand-Prix (a very long term project)

#82 OFFLINE   panhard65

panhard65

Full Members

• Full Members
  • 2,566 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Locationsomerset

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

It's been a while so lets have a little update. There is a lack of pictures for this one as I left my camera in the workshop and won't be back in until Tuesday. The little 204 has been running well with no problems for the very limited amount of use it has had this year and went through it's second mot no trouble at all. I have added  the air horns that came off the last Rolls Royce for a laugh and managed to find an A.C.O grille badge that I have been after for a few years. It will be going to Bicester for drive it day next weekend so a few jobs will have to be done this week. It needs a service really as it has been a year since last done and I now have a set of fancy alloy wheels to fit. The wheels came attached to a Dutch registered 304 saloon that I picked up on friday. There wasn't a collection thread as the forum was playing up and it wasn't that exciting. Anyway I now have a 304 for breaking, to be honest it would probably be restoreable as it must of been in very good condition when it had it's accident many years ago. The impact has damaged the rear end of the chassis rail and floor but would pull out. The trouble is even if it was restored to mint condition it is only worth maybe a couple of grand and you would easily spend that getting it right so not worth the trouble. The floors and front subframe are actually still solid and even the outer sill covers are good. The plan for it is to get it running first then strip it completly and cut the shell up with a plasma cutter to save any useful repair panels. Most bit's will be available if anyone needs anything. I will have the dash and heater out of it for my 204 as the blower is shit and there are a few bulb holders that have fallen to bits on the instrument panel.

peugeot304.jpg

• Twiggy, anonymous user, alf892 and 4 others like this

'02 Citroen Saxo Furio

#83 OFFLINE   carlo

carlo

• Full Members
  • 2,041 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:47 AM

Pretty sure those wheels would fetch something on a French site?  Interior looks nice and plush too from the limited shots.

#84 OFFLINE   panhard65

panhard65

Full Members

• Full Members
  • 2,566 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Locationsomerset

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

Right I now have my camera and have had a play with the 304. I started with the wheels, pretty straight forward just swapping the tyres over. The rims were really good so probably reconditioned not long before it's accident.PEUGEOT204 013.JPG

They do look pretty smart, but could do with some center caps.

PEUGEOT204 029.JPG

I also changed the oil and filter and fuel filter as they have been on there over a year now.

PEUGEOT204 031.JPG

Now for the 304. I had a proper look at the rot situation and it really isn't worth restoring so todays job has been to get it running and then start stripping it.

PEUGEOT204 009.JPG

PEUGEOT204 010.JPG

As arrived

PEUGEOT204 016.JPG

A couple of hours later

PEUGEOT204 017.JPG

The interior is pretty horrid so I don't think I will save much other than the dash board which is better than mine.

001.JPG

003.JPG

There are a few new life forms growing in there. I am not looking forward to have to climb insde it so I think I will cut the roof and doors off with the plasma cutter first. I ordered some new tips for it at the weekend and they might take a while to arrive from China.

002.JPG

Now for the easy bit, getting it running !. I rigged up a remote fuel supply and a couple of battery cables and it started straight away. 

• M'coli, alf892, Lacquer Peel and 4 others like this

'02 Citroen Saxo Furio

#85 OFFLINE   dollywobbler

dollywobbler

Mr HubNut

• Full Members
  • 23,436 posts
  • 19 thanks

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Hardy old engines aren't they? At least it's doing something more useful than just sitting in a Welsh field now.

1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1989 Nissan Bluebird
1990 Proton 1.5GLS, 1997 Honda S-MX, 2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog      HubNut Vids    Twatter

#86 OFFLINE   carlo

carlo

• Full Members
  • 2,041 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

Your 304 seems unusual to me in that it has a 204 type fascia and binnacle, don't think I've seen one like that before and should help with bits for your 204.  I remember the very late 204 Coupes and Cabrios had a floor shift and 304 normal 'cliff edge' fascia but not the other way round.

#87 OFFLINE   panhard65

panhard65

Full Members

• Full Members
  • 2,566 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Locationsomerset

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

Your 304 seems unusual to me in that it has a 204 type fascia and binnacle, don't think I've seen one like that before and should help with bits for your 204.  I remember the very late 204 Coupes and Cabrios had a floor shift and 304 normal 'cliff edge' fascia but not the other way round.

I don't know the age of this one but it has late type rear lights and grille. I suspect they went back to the earlier type dash as the "pod" fits a few different Peugeots so I am lead to believe. Although it looks identical the top crash pad is slightly different and I suspect the heater is as well but hopefully I can make them fit.

'02 Citroen Saxo Furio

#88 OFFLINE   carlo

carlo

• Full Members
  • 2,041 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

I don't know the age of this one but it has late type rear lights and grille. I suspect they went back to the earlier type dash as the "pod" fits a few different Peugeots so I am lead to believe. Although it looks identical the top crash pad is slightly different and I suspect the heater is as well but hopefully I can make them fit.

Or perhaps an early French version of 'Project Drive'!

#89 OFFLINE   Asimo

Asimo

Hondamatic

• Full Members
  • 4,248 posts
  • 11 thanks
  • LocationRe-booting....

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

Is the dash not lhd/rhd then?, with the instrument pod just swapping across as reqd.?

#90 OFFLINE   panhard65

panhard65

Full Members

• Full Members
  • 2,566 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Locationsomerset

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

A quiet week is good news for the little Pug as I am starting to sort the bodywork out ready to get it resprayed. First up the front wings were removed as mentioned in the news 24 thread. I could of filled them but a chance of an almost new pair in France wasn't to be missed. The guy even dropped them off to me whilst I was at Le Mans.

008.JPG

The old N/S wing had a hole at the top and the O/S one down near the bottom by the door.

009.JPG

It wasn't too bad under the wings but the N/S inner needed a few patches where the wing was bolted to the A panel. I also  remade the front end of the sill which had a sheared captive bolt.

005.JPG

The inner wing behind the headlight was a bit involved to plate up especially as no one will see it once the headlight is back in.

006.JPG

007.JPG

That's enough for today. Tomorrow I will weld up the other side which is no where near as bad. Then stick some rust killer stuff before sealing it and painting the inner wings.

• chaseracer, alf892, Junkman and 3 others like this

'02 Citroen Saxo Furio

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users