Autoshite Tool Borrow

Station

I have the cheap cable too, it's a '96 A4 I'm looking for it for.

The cheap cable should work fine, are you having problems with yours?

I had a 96 A4 TDi and the cheap cable worked fine for cruise control, module coding, pump timing etc.

I absolutely don't loan tools out anymore, even a 50p screwdriver. Too many arguments after getting stuff back fucked or not getting it back at all. I'm not casting aspersions on you lot but I've lent stuff to my best mates and father and it's come back worthless.

I'm happy to help with electrical things if I can. I've got cheapo Chinese vagcom and an MPPS lead so I can diagnose VW shit and somewhat remap ECUs and stuff, pre 2006 ish VAG stuff.

I've got a 3d printer now too so if you want owt making I can probably do it in fairly poor quality - If you can supply a .svg file I'll print it for some beer. Stuff like badges, center caps and the like.

I will print all kinds of things if philip will bend me tubes.

A warm barn you say? Tools you say? Help you say?

I've got a Saab sump to drop one day. Brakes I'll do on the road outside my house, but you might be my knight in rusty armour when it comes to something a little less simple. I'm just over the motorway towards Coalville and will happily swap a warm and pleasant working environment for liquid refreshment or whatever.

Actually, if any of you Leics lot just need encouragement and someone to hold the spanners I'm quite happy to join in on a fixing mission.

I'm sure we can arrange something. Time is my limiting factor but I'm happy to lend a hand when I can. I keep one of my cars at my parents in Ashby so I'm often passing your way.

Hammers - Various and plentiful

Adjustable Spanners - as above

Hand tools - never been stuck for anything....

Air tools inc chisel, saw, ratchets and impact guns 3/8 to 3/4

3/4 socket set

Dry bollick puller

Press

Valve spring compressors

MiG

Earned my living on spanners for many years (older stuff!) and happy to help anyone out here (Rushden) Northants but tool loans to 'established' members only!

They'd fit on an A4 sheet individually, one is ~300mm long, the other 200mm-ish - I've only got an outline/PDF atm, I need to add internal structure (guessing I'd be better making as much hollow as possible to save you material?).

Look like this - apart from the rear 90* gurney bit will be done in angle ally so doesn't need printing.

post-19837-0-72137900-1439569806_thumb.jpg

post-19837-0-78387400-1439569815_thumb.jpg

They'd fit on an A4 sheet individually, one is ~300mm long, the other 200mm-ish - I've only got an outline/PDF atm, I need to add internal structure (guessing I'd be better making as much hollow as possible to save you material?).

Look like this - apart from the rear 90* gurney bit will be done in angle ally so doesn't need printing.

attachicon.gifWingTemplate.jpg

attachicon.gifWingTemplate2.jpg

I've got 220x150x150 area tops. I know it's a 3d printer but 2 dimensions are fine, the third dimension is not as good, ideally stuff has one dead flat side that I can built off the plate and work off. With just a profile I could extrude the ribs to maybe 5mm wide and do them at 10% fill so they don't use much material - it's just like a honeycomb inside.

I could do the 300 long ones in two bits - you can stick them together with acetone quite nicely, or I could make them overlap with bolt holes in to hold them together?

TRW is open for the use of the following -

* Large collection of screwdrivers, spanners, sockets, allen keys, torx sets, hammers and chisels/drifts etc

* Axle stands

* Drive on ramps

* Crypton Cadet engine tuner and EGA

* Arc and MIG welders

* Engine hoist

* Air compressor with impact gun and spray gun.

* Sykes Pickavant ACR2 diagnostics with a variety of pods, not just BL group lol

* Lucas Laser 2000 diagnostics, same as above

* Small brake flaring kit

* 4X4 trolley jack

* Hardstanding (off road) for work

* Storage in compound for 1 car (should you buy something near to me and you cant get immediate collection)

* Tea & Coffee facilities

* A moaner is available, should you want one.

Swansea, SA3 area is the location.

I do have plenty more if odd jobs need doing and you're really stuck with a weird part or similar - but not gear I would lend out as they're what earns me money - lathe, TIG (AC/DC) + MIG welder, box and pan folder, compressor, sand blasting cabinet (not mine but I can get access for bits and pieces), shim kits + oil for rebuilding dampers/shock absorbers, hand tools + drills/grinder/stands/jacks/ramps/hoist, etc.

Basically everything to build a car from scratch to be honest, but generally most of it is busy so odds and sods only if yer stuck for something - no PM's requesting a kit car bending and welding up if you buy some chinese tube thanks :D

TRW is open for the use of the following -

* Large collection of screwdrivers, spanners, sockets, allen keys, torx sets, hammers and chisels/drifts etc

* Axle stands

* Drive on ramps

* Crypton Cadet engine tuner and EGA

* Arc and MIG welders

* Engine hoist

* Air compressor with impact gun and spray gun.

* Sykes Pickavant ACR2 diagnostics with a variety of pods, not just BL group lol

* Lucas Laser 2000 diagnostics, same as above

* Small brake flaring kit

* 4X4 trolley jack

* Hardstanding (off road) for work

* Storage in compound for 1 car (should you buy something near to me and you cant get immediate collection)

* Tea & Coffee facilities

* A moaner is available, should you want one.

Swansea, SA3 area is the location.

Oo, now that's exciting.  We are neighbours.

Do you do welding, painting etc for money?  Just for future reference, like - for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Have had some issues with this, sadly. Lent an engine crane to a bloke on another forum, and had to spend months chasing him up. He'd 'been ill'' and 'wasn't on line' yet, thanks to detective work from another forum member, had actually been posting merrily away on another bit of the internet. Crane came back a bit worse for wear and minus the lever. Won't happen again.

More recently I helped a forum member's mate out by lending a battery and jump leads, both of which although there was no huge rush for, I could have done back with a few times by now. Forum member's friend had told them he's tried to bring them back and nobody was in, but this wasn't true. I'm sure he's doing his best, but his mate ain't on my Christmas card list.

I know the feeling Mr cav.

Hydraulic log splitter came back split in half,

Engine crane came back after 8 months with a leaking ram due to rust, must have been left outside extended,

Welder came back dented and regulator broken and covered in black sealer,

New hvlp spray gun came back dented with vice marks and chocked with hard paint as hadn't been cleaned,

3 ton trolley jack twisted to fook,

Carpet cleaner full of white powder and smelling a bit burnt,

That's the extent of the large tools I have had lost spanners sockets and various other tools missing snapped bent,

I still lend stuff out but I am a bit more choosy these days.