Terry the Triumph, little brother of Dolomite Sprint

stillOrange

First of all I want to say that Ken who I bought the car from has been truly amazing. Big big thank you to him and you basically should buy cars from him.

Lets start with a very short story though.

The sales thread appeared and I wanted it straight away. http://autoshite.com/topic/20891-for-saleswap-1974-triumph-toledo/.

I did offer a swap but Mrs PBK did talk some sense and that was a no go. I kept on coming back to that thread and as I was travelling down south anyway I made arrangement to see the car. Few days before the day I got a text. Ken started the car up and was overwhelmed by warm feelings and emotions and decided to keep it. I thought to myself "osz ty skubańcu" and that made me want the car even more! Decided to leave it for a day or two.

When down south, I've made another contact and the deal was back on. Went to see the car the following day.

post-19541-0-62165900-1438939147_thumb.jpg

Ken has agreed to my ridiculous demands and the very distant collection and payment dates (originally I thought I will only be able to take the car in September).

Fast forward, with loads of faffing about on my side and the involvement of Little Green Dolomite and the car is finally here.

post-19541-0-45309800-1438939437_thumb.jpg

post-19541-0-79586200-1438939449_thumb.jpg

post-19541-0-20126200-1438939445_thumb.jpg

post-19541-0-11742200-1438939441_thumb.jpg

post-19541-0-27767600-1438939432_thumb.jpg

post-19541-0-63258300-1438939428_thumb.jpg

As you can see the car needs a paint job which hopefully will be done in next month or two. Mechanically the car is spot on. I need to fit the lights, horns, bumpers and it should go through the MOT before the end of August. I can't wait to test that TR7 engine on the road!

Ken included huge amounts of spares which I once again want to thank him for.

post-19541-0-67255000-1438939424_thumb.jpg

post-19541-0-85807400-1438939420_thumb.jpg

I wish I could start fettling today but can't.

Updates should be made regularly.

MOT first.

There is a dent in the panel that rear bumper is attached to so will either try pulling it out or changing the whole thing as Ken provided the panel. Few more places with tiny tiny rust spots.

I'll do the service and see if carbs need any work.

I want some nice wheels to go with it. Would Montego GTi wheels suit it?

Montego wheels will fit and should look good.

Glad it got up north ok mate.

Your garage has windows! Natural light and powah, nnngggg!

I think the carbs are ok mate. What I would do is fit an inline fuel filter before the petrol pump. Always a wise move.

I think an oil change will be the only thing you need to do. A good quality 20/50 will be your friend plus a good quality oil filter for a TR7 don't forget ;)

Don't forget the use of the fan switch ;)

I would suggest that at some point you might want to invest in one of those thermostatic control for the fan where you can set the start temp. The Volvo has one and it is much easier. 

As we mentioned, wrapping might be an alternative to paint but you would need to get the little bits of bodywork done as it would stand out.

Glad to be of service mate, it has been fun, apart from transport stress. Dan's a good bloke and a good custodian for the Tolly. 

Hope you liked the couple of pressies :)

KEEP IT WHITE! :)

It is a peach but it needed a proper, proper respray which is beyond me physically and financially. I could have gone for da rat look or done the rattle can respray but that is hopeless when you have nothing but a dusty garage and wind blowing shite onto lovely fresh paint. Not a recipe for happiness. 

Still, I get the chance to save a 1300 Dolomite and an Oldsmobile which intrigued me as it is American and I do like American cars. Ok, so it's not a hugely interesting American car but I will still get a feel for it which may lead to a more interesting purchase in a few years time when we hope to go to Americaland upon my retirement.

Dan clearly adores the car and rightly so, plus I get first dibs if he sells, eh Dan ;)

The Dolomite will also be a peach - just give me a bit of time :)

So that really is just bolt the stuff back on.

You might need a couple of plastic fastener type things for the drivers side grille. They fit into the rectangular holes. A bit like an automotive rawlplug I guess. 

Oil leak? Hmm, she never marked her territory in London ;)

Anything immediately obvious? Maybe something just needs nipping up.