Reliant Rialto

oldcars

Top and bottom are nuts. The mount is made up of a stud on a metal plate bonded to a rubber cylinder and another metal plate with a stud bonded to the other end.

The difficulty, if the metal has come unstuck is holding the relatively thin plate to stop it turning. The other issue is turning a locking nut. From memory these were originally Binx nuts.

Grab rubber bit with mole/vise grips and turn the nut until the rubber shears off the plate. Curse and swear a bit then try to lift edge of flush plate with a cold chisel to bend it up either side and give yourself something new to hold onto.

ETA: Next time I'm on the moby I'll read to the actual end of the thread...

I made a note of where all the brackets on the head bolts go on, but stupidly forgot to write one other thing down. Its a wire from the heater matrix, its short and has a O on the end so bolts down. Any ideas where, the manual does not show it/

ETA: Next time I'm on the moby I'll read to the actual end of the thread...

And if I wake up more I'll remember that the front mounts on a Robin/Kitten onwards are welded onto the bent over feet on the front plate. In defence of my incoherent rambling, most of my spannering was done on Regals and Rebels where spanner was king (and the feet were bolted on separate)

Listen to plasticvandan - He's had more cars than I've had hot dinners and has a better memory. ;)

And if I wake up more I'll remember that the front mounts on a Robin/Kitten onwards are welded onto the bent over feet on the front plate. In defence of my incoherent rambling, most of my spannering was done on Regals and Rebels where spanner was king (and the feet were bolted on separate)

Listen to plasticvandan - He's had more cars than I've had hot dinners and has a better memory. ;)

No worries, appreciate all your help, Finger still sore from trying to remove the top nut  :shock:  :?  :mrgreen:. Glad i gave up in the end  :-D

Sorry the lack of photos. My school reports always said " could do better"  :-D

Got the drip tray added on the carb, broke spark plug and had a mini coolant leak so all good  :mrgreen:

Had to use one of the old plugs in the meantime. 

I got it started but it was half ten and was revving its head off so had to stop it and will go back Monday eve.

I think i may have connected the choke to the carb incorrectly, There is a funny screw and nut thing that clamps the cable and i think its in the wrong place. Haynes manual as much use as a ash tray on a motorbike. Anyone happen to have a picture of how it should look.

Also i had the mixture / idle set spot on before, i take it after a rebuild it will all need set again? This could also be the reason for the high revving.

Carb sorted out, got it ran up to temp last night. Heater valve sprung a leak so some fun was had  :mrgreen: All fixed now.

Still idles a bit high and seems to run on for a sec when the ignition is switched off so guess i still need to fiddle with the mixture once i check the head bolts again tonight.