For Sale - Astra mk3 1.7TD Estate - £250ono

Station

MOT is expired.

I was told it was by two traffic cops on the M11 this morning. I could've sworn it ran out in August ... ?

They let me off, I was totally expecting the car to get seized.

Unfortunately, I have the square root of zero time, motivation or desire to prepare it for an MOT, have it fail, then spend another week re-doing it for the grace of paying a retest fee, so it's for sale if anyone wants it, otherwise it's getting broken and fragged this week. I was planning to repair the rear arches and put it in in about three weeks, but I have nowhere to store it as this epiphany has messed up my plans a bit. I'd do it, but the MOT test has punched any enthusiasm for cars out of me. I love this car, but I've had it with MOT's.

It has been my beloved old nail since February last year. It got me to work and back through wind, rain and snow, up and down the M6

It has been to the Nurburgring, and France twice. I've done 30,000 miles in it and it has been no problem whatsoever.

It's had new shock absorbers, top mounts, ball joints, front springs, turbo, brake pads/discs/shoes, handbrake cables, etc. TBH, I've replaced loads on this. It drives like a new car, not clonks, bumps, etc and handles really, really well. The front springs are slightly lowered SPAX's. My spring compressor wouldn't reach over the original springs to get them on, so I cut them. I replaced them shortly after with these.

I just did 530 miles on 45 quid. It has a Bosch pump and I have used vegetable oil on it for a laugh, but have always used diesel as it's much easier for me.

Bad points are:

Bearing in mind I do not care how the car looks, (but have kept up with maintenance.)

The car left the factory with rusty rear arches.

I drove off a car ramp and the top went right into the sill.

It leaks a bit of oil out of the sump - these use sealant, no gaskets. I tried to get the sump off last month, but it started raining. It'll leave droplets wherever it parks. I hilariously describe this as 'it's just marking it's territory', to which my mother/father replies 'Don't park that thing on our driveway again', to which I reply 'I hate you!' and then run up to my old room, which now contains loads of cardboard boxes.

Water leaks out of the metal pipe at the back of the engine - I honestly can't be arsed putting my hands behind the engine and top it up every 500 miles, I can see it leaking though.

The driver's side CV joint clicks. I have a new one - could never find the time to change it, it makes no difference to how it drives.

I put a complete black interior from an Astra Sport estate with Recaro seats. Estate interiors are always grey. I want to say I looked for ages for a black interior, but I found one in the scrap yard two weeks after I bought it (and the car had been in there for a number of years anyway (and was fragged after I removed everything)). Never seen one in black. The dashboard is grey though.

It has a Vauxhall towbar. It has a Vauxhall roofrack. PAS, sunroof, electric windows and heated mirrors. It looks rough, but is OK underneath.

It doesn't overheat, you could probably drive it anywhere as I have and it'll get you there and back.

Just tack a plate over the big dent in the sill and cover it with unseal and gaffer tape the rear arches, suspension is all new and there's nothing else that can go wrong really.

'Drive me home tax' included, drive to pre-booked MOT.

Copper also said they were chilling out about expired MOT's (mine was expired for nearly two months on the road). Not that you should drive without one.

The car does not come on the wheels pictured, but 14 inch black steels. The silver ones do not have any tread.

The rear arches have gotten much worse, but have not reached beyond the bend in the bodywork.

15006529240_aa1d3cbdc2_h.jpg

14048073225_c64f1db04d_h.jpg

Huge, square boot space:

14068087733_657d865f0c_h.jpg

Needs to be gone very soonish, or I take the engine and interior out and it unfortunately gets weighed in.

This is going to work out a treat. You drive the Streetwise to Cheshire, I give you £180 for it and a lift to Station's and you drive home in an Astra. Hell, I'll even throw in 20 litres of new veg oil to make the deal stick.

Engine and interior out:

20607124631_4a747efb1e_b.jpg

Engine was frigging filthy. Leaking oil from every gasket.

20600517845_c43ce91220_b.jpg

Jet washed nice and clean. Hopefully putting this in another Astra after servicing it. :)

20607126211_f624bf26e1_b.jpg

Donating most of the rest of the car to other Astra owners. It didn't die in vain.

SLEPE TYTE LIL SMOKA WIL NEVA FORGIT ORL DEM MYLEZ N SMYLEZ