Campershite

Mr Livered

...Christian fish emblem on rear - suggesting owner shouldn't try to fleece you if a deal were struck to buy the beasty - check!(I've never tested this theory though - wonder if people (believers or not) sometimes add one just before they sell a car, just to make them look more trust-worthy, bound by their own beliefs not to dupe a buyer?)

I bought my Volvo 850 (the one that dragged the SL/Hirst 'Bishi back from Coventry) from a very Christian family (they actually made their living through running Christian camps), and that was one of the best buys I've ever made. They were so Christian it had not one but two fishes on the boot lid - one on each side facing each other. They were nice people, the car was exactly as described and the whole thing was hassle free. Not saying it's necessarily always like that, but I've never been ripped off by anyone religious AFAIK.

I bought my Volvo 850...from a very Christian family...one of the best buys I've ever made. They were nice people, the car was exactly as described and the whole thing was hassle free.

That's kind of what I was thinking (didn't mean any offence to anyone of any faith).But I also wondered if some shady folk might plop a fish on the boot just to make themselves appear more trustworthy?

I saw those. They look OK, but the'yre being sold by f***ing Mr-T-no-Mr-P-no-Mr-Twunt so the reserve is going to be about ten times what they're worth. :evil: Still, atleast he's not selling for his "friend" this time - his "friend" wants at least a million quid for every heap of crap in his yard.

That Christian symbol. So what? It's a more-or-less Christian country. What can it mean on a vehicle? I'm not going to shout Fucking Twat if you cut me up? My cat likes fish too.

Laughed out loud when I first encountered this though:

Posted Image

Anyway camper vans should really have CND & LSD painted all over them. That Christian one belongs to Ned Flanders (and has obviously been 'borrowed' by Homer Simpson).

Glad to report that this classic piece of Campershite rolled up outside my work today, so I rushed out to preserve it for posterity & share with you gentlemen:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I liked the Suzuki behind too. Not only did he drive autoshite, he also drove like shite, as you'll notice that he parked spot on the double yellow lines marking our car park entrance. Unfortunately a separate (& risky) photograph of it, & the two chavvy women who stayed inside the overloaded Suzuki while the driver went to piss in the pub next door, didn't come out.

This thread is up to the minute - these were something else Top Gear decided to smash up just recently! In the same episode last week I did like their belated review of the 159 though (interesting when they said that a German was now behind some of the design & input meaning that in future the cars are more likely to do what they should, to which my g/f chipped in that she "might have to start liking Alfas now then!" :x:roll: ) and the head to head of BMW M5 Touring vs Merc E Klasse AMG Touring was very interesting! ** Edit: oh yes but this was also that start of another argument when I suggested that they oughta make it a triple comparison & throw in the Audi RS6 Avant as well (except I don't think they've released one in the newest style yet) to which the g/f retorted that I must mean the RS4 not RS6 because the A6 is bigger than the 5 Series & E Klasse! ( :shock::?: ) We've had this argument before! I suggested as politely as I could that the A6 competes with the 5 Series & E Klasse, the other 2 are easily bigger than the A4 (her parents both drive A4s), you've only got to look at the head to head prices to work out what competes with what. I said that the A8, 7 Series & S Klasse compete & so do the A6, 5 Series & E Klasse. She's got it into her head the A6 is bigger than 5 Series & E Klasse. Her reply was that "The A8 is bigger than the 7 Series & S Klasse, it's like a luxury limo, it's in a league of it's own, it's like a Cadillac!" :roll::lol: she said "the A4 compares with the 5 Series because when dad looked at getting his car it was between the A4 or the 5 Series" I tried to explain that her dad's A4 is fairly high up the range but if he'd got the 5 Series it would have been a lowly one. I said the 3 Series is aimed at the A4, but she replied that "the 3 Series matches the A3". I said the 3 Series matches the A4 & the A3 matches her Astra (for size anyway). I said the A4 isn't alot bigger than her Astra & a 5 Series would be bigger still. I sensed we were going around in circles. Low & behold she suddenly disappeared downstairs to confer with daddy (as she always does when she senses she's losing as argument & daddy will have the resolute answer). To my pleasure I overheard from the top of the stairs her dad backing up my point! Yessss! :lol::D She then started to argue the toss with him too as she simply can't accept when she's wrong. Eventually they sent her packing back upstairs. Funnily enough when she came back, there was no more mention of it & the subject was changed! :wink::lol: I do agree wholeheartedly with a valid point she made though, and that was that Audi seem to have more cars in their range than BMW & Mercedes......if A4 matches 3 Series & C Klasse, then A3 must match 1 Series & A Klasse, yes? In which case what does the A2 match upto?

• 2 months later...

Shonky sheds eh Volksy?

Let's have it, HIACE STYLE. Woo and indeed, Hoo.

(In fairness I swiped these from elsewhere, but I feel the need to represent for yer housemate's machine. He get's a very unfair rap!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Loverly Mk2 Trannie Ambo that's parked round the corner from me and makes me jealous every time. See, I always wanted a slidy door tranny so I could drive about in the summer wiv it open looking, um, 'cool'.

Posted Image

But now, here we go. I challenge each and every one of you to tell me that ANY of these would be fun to drive.

Especially this Sierra monstrosity I spotted in Little London t'other day. (again, my phone is crappo at night, but surely the soft focus helps a little?)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mr Volks was muttering something about Starcrafts a while ago, so I guess these would be they?

And why does this monstrosity's lights remind me of a Mk1 Capri?

Can't be...

Posted Image

Cannae remeber where I swiped this photo from, but, it's so sweetly wrong!

Posted Image

And finally (well, for now), my mates Sherpa. With some serious window action!

Posted Image