Little Green Dolly - £500

purplebargeken

Goodbye LWT, hello LGD (on Tuesday coming).

Welcome to: WLG 389W a Brooklands Green Dolomite 1300. She was registered on 1st September 1980, so she is nearly 35 years old and is the 'newest' small Triumph that I have owned AFAICR.

You will have seen her via Cavcrafts thread but I thought I'd start one of my own.

She had some welding underneath and will require a tickle from the MIG along the inner sill(s) and a bit on the outer ones. This will be tackled by a mate, so no hassles there for me. Thank feck. 

Her dash veneer is a bit tired but I am thinking options for that and will come up with something I am sure.

Her beige rear seat upright is afflicted by the usual sun induced fragility and has perished in places. 

The odd bit of external trim is required, mainly a door trim and both rear bumper end pieces.

I already have some new stainless wiper blades to replace the black plastic ones. 

The rest of her foibles will be revealed upon a proper inspection on her arrival on Tuesday.

Toledo%202_zps1f2t0obd.jpg

Toledo%201_zpssvazbojr.jpg

Toledo%205_zpso1culn0a.jpg

Toledo%203_zpspvqjru6t.jpg

Toledo%204_zps8m7p8xo1.jpg

So, there she is. Daft git that I am - I have already bought some fripperies for her (sidelight/indicator unit seals, screws and new amber bulbs. More wise upgrades will be an 82 degree thermostat, new temp sender and the electronic gubbins that regulates the voltage to the gauges (the TDC do a spiffy upgraded one which is ace).  

More to follow on Tuesday. 

I had some aliminium sheet cut to shape and I sprayed it crackle black for a 1300FWD I had a few years ago. Looked very smart.

TR7 engine, hmmmm. New subframe, re-site the battery, twin carb setup, new engine mounts, electrical shite, different rear axle, OD gearbox, different propshaft. Find a decent engine.

Nah. :)

Paint it purple. The dash or the car?  :lol:

I meant the dash, thinking of Vulg's solution for same problem on the beige Princess.  I like your crackle black idea though (again, the dash not the car - the car looks just dandy in green).