Now we're Metroing (updated: 06/07/16)

Angry Sheep

Kinda cheating, as I've already bought the car. The deal was done over Facebook and the seller dropped it off at my parents' house cos he lives near them. They woz WELL chuffed.

Today, one of the busiest days of the year for travelling apparently, I'll be using a variety of transport to get from Hertfordshire to Shropshire to collect it.

It started first thing this morning with a walk to St Albans railway station where I could get a train to work...

Now a fullish day's work will take place before I hitch a lift to somewhere midlandsy where I can get a train to Shropshire and see shite for the first time. WCPGW?

Now a fullish day's work will take place before I hitch a lift to somewhere midlandsy where I can get a train to Shropshire and see shite for the first time. WCPGW?

As in, actually thumb-out hitching a ride from a passing random punter?  That's WELL HARDCORE.  I must try harder next time I collect some tat.

GLWTAxeMurderers ;-)

Much success of your quest, fellow traveller!

Ditto! What a way to spend a Friday night

As in, actually thumb-out hitching a ride from a passing random punter?  That's WELL HARDCORE.  I must try harder next time I collect some tat.

GLWTAxeMurderers ;-)

Nah, my boss. Not as hardcore but far easier than farting around with public transport in the south east.

Only driven it a few miles so far but I can confirm it's absolutely lovely :D

It's had the standard one lady owner from new who had it serviced and MOTed every year at her local garage and kept all of the receipts. It's never wanted for anything. Over its lifetime it's covered 45k miles with lots and lots of receipts to prove.

She decided to give up driving this year so contacted the Metro Owners' Club. The secretary bought it, got it MOTed (four new tyres and a bit of welding - which was done twice because he wasn't happy with it the first time), and then sold it for me for a very reasonable three-figure sum.

Oh, and he spent about £300 getting the suspension sorted out.

Have some pics of the history cos I love stuff like this...

post-17861-0-13702400-1437813872_thumb.jpg

post-17861-0-77659600-1437813823_thumb.jpg

post-17861-0-58765600-1437813878_thumb.jpg

So I'm a very happy chappy. Plan to take it into Wales today before driving it home to St Albans tomorrow. Expect this weekend I'll put more miles on it than it's done in the last year, so hopefully all goes smoothly.

Love looking over all that old paperwork! Best bit is often seeing what (if anything) was chopped in for it. At the time the part ex is usually a fraction of the price but often the tables have turned by today's values.

Hope the trip goes well!