13" chrome trim rings wanted...

retrogeezer

Thanks fella's - much appreciated. :) 2 sets would actually be handy (if a bit greedy :oops: ) as the 323 needs some too and I'm keeping that as well (providing it passes the MOT with no major issues) Hopefully, I can repay the favour. I do have a Haynes manual for that shape 323 if you don't have one already?

Thanks fella's - much appreciated. :) 2 sets would actually be handy (if a bit greedy :oops: ) as the 323 needs some too and I'm keeping that as well (providing it passes the MOT with no major issues) Hopefully, I can repay the favour. I do have a Haynes manual for that shape 323 if you don't have one already?

Already got a 323 manual cheers, although much to some people's disgust no doubt, there won't be much left of the original car soon anyway. :roll: (Engine/autobox/diff is already blagged to go in a Morris Minor!) Just cover the postage, and everybody is happy.

(Engine/autobox/diff is already blagged to go in a Morris Minor!)

That's a bit of a stunner to casually drop into a thread!! :lol: More details please!
Umm, not much to say really. A mate has a rattly old 1098 MM, and quite fancies the idea of a few more hp, an auto box and that wonderful Jap reliability. I am pleased, as the engine is far too sweet to throw away...

I sooooo wish I had the talent to do something like that.

So do I! Will be a bit of a learning curve, this one!@ retrogeezer, trim rings have now made it as far as the house, so will try to post them this weekend. They are rather nice thick ones that give the wheel a sort of dished look.

I've got one of those RWD 323s in late-facelift 1500 wagon flavour. Main thing stopping me getting on the road is the cost of an exhaust system, can't find a cheapo one anywhere. Might have to stump up the £100 or whatever, what a disgrace.Quite impressed that the old bugeye has the remote electric boot lock as standard, when I got my wagon I actually thought it was some cheesy 90s addition until I noticed they all have it.On a trim rings note, I've got a set of 4 which were originally on the Galant steels, but currently they are destined for the Stanza which could do with a bit of brightening up.

I've got one of those RWD 323s in late-facelift 1500 wagon flavour. Main thing stopping me getting on the road is the cost of an exhaust system, can't find a cheapo one anywhere. Might have to stump up the £100 or whatever, what a disgrace.Quite impressed that the old bugeye has the remote electric boot lock as standard, when I got my wagon I actually thought it was some cheesy 90s addition until I noticed they all have it.On a trim rings note, I've got a set of 4 which were originally on the Galant steels, but currently they are destined for the Stanza which could do with a bit of brightening up.

My local place have some old stock exhausts. I just had a look on the list and there's one part listed for your mazda... i think it's the rear section. I can order if if you want as it's only £3.50. Even if you have to buy the rest of the system it'll at least save a bit of money.

That would be seriously appreciated!! I can only find one place that still does them (think they're discontinued) and they want something like £150 for the whole system, which is a bit annoying considering it is only a really basic two-piece thing:

Posted Image

Could sort you out for postage if you don't want it hanging around or come pick it up (if it's the front section it'll probably be a struggle to post anyway!). I'll actually be in Lincolnshire in March if that suits, as a bonus, it might send a message to my extended family if I abandon them to go pick up an exhaust. Could come earlier though, if all goes to plan I fancy getting the wagon on the road before that anyway. Will obviously sort you out for the cost/bother. Let me know and thanks again!

The bit they have is 279-261, so it is the rear bit. I've got to order a couple of bits of R5 pipe they have so I'll ask them for that at the same time.

They has a list on their website but it's gone now. Fortunately though, I saved the list so I've uploaded it to my site. Worth having a look through to see if there's anything of use as all the parts are £3.50 each no matter how big! It's an excel doc...

http://www.ratdat.com/exhausts.xls

Ratdat: Cheers, much appreciated! Can't seem to get the Excel doc to work though? Might want an exhaust for the Charmant at some point.Scrapman: Thanks for the offer - let me look into it, I'm not sure whether it'll be the same bit or not. Anyone got an old Bosal catalogue handy to tie up the part numbers? The paper book doesn't have any of the RWD 323s and online I can only find the estate (presumably because they knocked them out until 1985).Whitevanman: Sadly not, nice try though!Sorry for taking this entirely off-topic, this has nowt to do with trim rings really.