1994 or earlier 8v non injection 1.4 Kettle Wanted

doobietoo

So the Vandam Rex has a totally shagged 1500 engine and will cost more than a few quid to repair and then will still be unleaded unfriendly and heavy and and so I plan to replace it with a 1994 or earlier 8v non injection 1.4 Rover K series... trouble is they seem a bit thin on the ground at least in Dorsetland...

I would prefer a whole car but would need to get it here (Dorset)so it would need MOT so will also look at a complete engine and box hopefully with driveshafts if it is known good, I am a trusting type !!!!

I have cash waiting for the right engine and can travel to collect and can remove from the car if the price is right. What have you got people???

This is what it is going into...

20150703_122225_zps3d6ccjqy.jpg

Would the single point injection be quite easy to convert to carb? Just thinking it might* be easier to find one of a single point engines and then the inlet & carb from the carb motor.

This thinking might lead up to you having 2 engines and one carb though.

Yes, in Rover Metros and some R8s.

ROVER-214S-WITH-K-SERIES-engine.jpg

That is the one.... if it has a round air filter it is a carb engine.... I figure if it fits in a mini and a metro it will fit in an allegro. Metros started out with a series after all........

I know I can use the 1750 or a series and no doubt some others but I have set my mind to a K series as its

a) cheap

B) light

c) small

d) powerful compared to an E series

e) easy to get more power out of......

Oh and being smaller capacity and only 69bhp in standard 8v form shouldn't give the insurance firms the shits......

Also this engine had no ECU :)

Surely a 1275 transplant has got to be a better bet? Tuneable for POWAH with lots of spares and support? And they definitely fit

But good luck with a K conversion if that's what you have set your heart on.

• 2 weeks later...