1993 Peugeot 205 GTX, 12 month MOT, HPI clear.

forbeslongden

Tell me if I'm wrong but I think autoshite is about getting a 'fair' price for your car, being honest about it's condition and having a trouble free sale. You won't get top dollar on here but then again you won't have the hassle of dealing with eBay and Gumtree chancers. You might be able to read updates on how it's getting on. You might also get the chance to buy it back again in a few years time after several shiters have had their dirty hands on it.

^^ we are a bunch of skinflints, and history has shown that 205's are unsellable on here.

That's why I bought an unfashionable 1.8 N/A so that I could not sell it on here when the time comes.

Same -  prefer it that no-one 'likes' them - more for me. Ace engine, run for ever and sips fuel.

Anyone want to buy one?

The steel wheels are still underneath the hubcaps, I felt provisionally, it looked better than the rusty 13" wheels. It's still original, just less unsightly. 

The red trim we thought made the car stand out a little more, the contrast between the grey and the red in the flesh makes it look pretty good. 

I quite like these but have no money. My dad had a 1.1 in brown years ago and it was a nippy thing, I imagine the 1.4 goes well.

Not hot on values but I would have thought any 3 door with a solid shell would be worth reasonable coin, plenty of GTIs needing a reshell (not a fate this deserves)

Unfortunately this being autoshite THE 205 to have is a 1.8n/a diesel in 5 door flavour in a suitably povvo spec trim level. I know it's what I would be looking for

Some kind words, thanks gents. I was pretty surprised what about £20 could do to it. The engine is extremely peppy, I've also got a 1.6 GTi and would say that this one carries the same thrills from putting your boot down. I too favour the poverty spec 205, I've got a couple of late straight diesels, if I didn't, I'd probably keep this one in rotation as well.

It's a good job you're a very long way from here.

Not because I want to buy it (as lovely as it is) but because I want to smash those wheel trims to pieces with a sledgehammer.

Guest Breadvan72

The only way I could get rid of my povvo spec DizzerPug 205 was to smash it up first and then lob it on for nowt.