1993 Peugeot 205 GTX, 12 month MOT, HPI clear.

forbeslongden

Up for sale today is my Peugeot 205 GTX, this is the rare 1 year only model released between 1992-1993 by Peugeot as the run-off for the 1.4 single point injection engine option for the 205. 
This is a 1993 K-plate. 

The GTX was equipped with many top of the range features for the time and shared many similarities with the GTi model which is evident when looking at the front of the vehicle, it sports the same striking lower valance with the spot light kit also found on top range 205's, the same can also be said for the rear of the car with again, a colour coded valance. The GTX was also one of the last model options to feature the louvred black panel on the boot lid. 

The car features 13 inch alloy wheels which are true to the factory roll off and haven't been changed like a few of the remaining GTX's have. 

A little history about this car; 
I bought this car in June whilst down in Launceston, it was originally going to be stripped by the former owner, I instantly saw that the car was far better than this and thankfully, the previous keeper had only stripped the interior but hadn't sold off any parts yet, I bought the whole vehicle and drove it back to Plymouth which it didn't miss a beat where my regular garage started the work to get it put back together to which it is now fully complete and all the interior has been put back how it should be... This maybe a blessing really as it gave me the chance to check the floors which have no signs of rot or rust. 

The car's 1.4 injection engine is really, really quick for what it is, this car had no problems teaching a bullish Audi a lesson or two about curb weight differences on the way back and I should imagine with a cam belt change and basic service, this car would serve it's next owner for many, many years to come considering how strong the engine is currently, the vehicle idles correctly and doesn't smoke. The mileage is currently at around 98,000 

Electric windows and central locking feature on this model. 

The body of the car is very tidy, it's finished in a fetching shade of Steel Grey which understated but can also be very alluring, there isn't much in the way of damage on the body, the odd tiny dent here or there is to be expected from French tin but there's certainly no visible rust issues on the body (I've bought more than a few 205's in the past so I know what to look for) 

The usual problems areas appear to be minimal with this car too, the boot floor is very solid, the inner wing has very little rust and under the rear seats is problem-free, this is usually a indication that a 205 has been looked after and isn't too leaky! 

The car features grey cloth bucket seats, these are very similar to the seats found in the STDT model and have no rips or blemishes unlike a GTi of around the same age, the carpet is a very dark grey / black colour with matching door cards and centre console. The car also shares the same large vacuum sunroof found on the GTi model. 

I bought this car with the intention to save it from death, it's one of only 16 examples left in a road worthy state in the UK and this number will drop in years to come at the rate that 205's are now disappearing, it's currently located at the work shop that all my cars go to and will have 12 months MOT for the next owner, so you just insure it, slap a little tax on it and drive it away, I have no doubts it'll take you where ever you want it to. 

This 205 would certainly suit someone who can't afford to insure or run a GTi since it's cheaper tax and insurance over it's bigger brothers - it'll also count for classic insurance too. It would also suit a collector or a 205 fan who wants all the fun of the Rallye / XS /GT model range without the massive price. Worth noting is that this is the more desirable 3 door variant, the 5- door version seems to pass hands for less. 

The V5 for the car I had to send off for since the last owner was kind enough to do naff all about obtaining it (he bought if from a friend) but it'll be registered in my name once it comes back from the DVLA, I have a receipt for the car and also a full HPI report which shows the car clear on all check lists. 
This Peugeot has had 3 previous keepers. 

You can buy with confidence from me, every 205 I've sold is still on the road to this day and I'm more interested in keeping these cars on the road rather than lying and the car ending up being broken for bits. 

Any questions, please ask. I've priced the car to sell for what I think is fair for the rarity of the vehicle and it's low mileage combined with rarity factor. 

Looking for £850. 

post-18047-0-16423800-1436554602_thumb.jpg

post-18047-0-75230600-1436554602_thumb.jpg

post-18047-0-24749900-1436554603_thumb.jpg

post-18047-0-75883400-1436554603_thumb.jpg

post-18047-0-26923900-1436554604_thumb.jpg

post-18047-0-56003600-1436554604_thumb.jpg

" Bought this car in June whilst down in Launceston, it was originally going to be stripped by the former owner, I instantly saw that the car was far better than this and thankfully, the previous keeper had only stripped the interior but hadn't sold off any parts yet, I bought the whole vehicle and drove it back to Plymouth"

Drove it on trade plates and to a pre booked MOT I assume? Last MOT expired in 2011, tax due in Jan 2015... ☺ï¸Â

The xs and gt had carbs, gtx is injection. It looks about as good condition wise as a gt I bought for £200 a year or so ago. That said, 205s with a 1.4 are brilliant cars, more than the sum of their parts somehow. So at least £259