WANTED!!! Ford Granada Mk 1 Spare Parts

shado3

Hello Everyone - newbie here again with more requests (is there no satisfying this guy???) I'm looking for good, useable parts (new would be absolutely great!) for a potential restoration (if I actually get the car I'm looking at) of a Ford Granada Mk 1 3.0 Ghia Saloon.

This could end up being a mammoth task so I'm looking for good useable body panels (front wings/doors/boot lid/bonnet/headlights/rear lights/any exterior trim parts & badges - a full good interior would be absolutely great! (and probably almost impossible)

I will obviously refurbish all I can but as the old saying goes "you can't polish a turd" and certain items will be beyond saving so any help any of you can provide would be fantastic. I'm prepared to travel for the right parts.

Many Thanks

Dave

The banger racers will probably be your best bet, especially for interior stuff. Even panels if you exchange your old rotten ones!

Ovalchat forum is maybe worth a try.

Did anything come of the two mk1's I suggested in that yard near me?

Just this minute posted a wanted ad on ovalbangerchat so we'll see what comes of that (fingers crossed)

I think the headlights can be snatched from a De Tomaso Longchamps, which certainly is more common in scrapyards than MKI Ganada's.

I've never even heard of a Longchamps - De Tomaso yes but never Longchamps. I Googled it and with it being a 1970's car, there doesn't seem to be many about even in scrapyards.

I think Junkman was alluding to the fact that a De Tomaso was more likely to be found in a scrapyard as anything Granada shaped generally tends to be dispatched to Oval shaped tracks immediately upon arrival.

I do wish you luck with this but there are more Virgins in Romford than there are Granadas in the small ads.

But, ever the optimist I would head to your nearest Banger racing track and go and say hello to the drivers in the paddock. If my experience is anything to go by, only around a fifth tell you to go fuck yourself which means 80 percent of drivers are approachable. If anyone will know where to find one, they will. After all they have bought most of them in the past!

Whereabouts are you based Shado?

I think Junkman was alluding to the fact that a De Tomaso was more likely to be found in a scrapyard as anything Granada shaped generally tends to be dispatched to Oval shaped tracks immediately upon arrival.

I do wish you luck with this but there are more Virgins in Romford than there are Granadas in the small ads.

But, ever the optimist I would head to your nearest Banger racing track and go and say hello to the drivers in the paddock. If my experience is anything to go by, only around a fifth tell you to go fuck yourself which means 80 percent of drivers are approachable. If anyone will know where to find one, they will. After all they have bought most of them in the past!

Whereabouts are you based Shado?

Bradford, West Yorkshire - so far everything I have found has been down south (sometimes waaaaaay down south!!!)