Rover 75 Diesel

oldcars

One rear light is broke again. We have had rain for a couple of days in the evening. The boot leak is madness, its pouring in everywhere and has broken the towing electrics again. Handy when i'm due to go away tomorrow. This ungrateful heap needs weighed in. If only i had a few quid to by something decent. My enjoyment of old heaps in now nil.

• 1 month later...

Mate looked at the coolant, he says it ok so i will go with that.

Ā 

I really really need to ge the boot leak fixed, everything i do to try and fix it makes it worse. We had light rain last night and it pouring in. It is effecting the tail lights and the remote boot lock too.

Ā 

ItĀ  seems to come in everywhere, it runs off the inside of the rear quarter panels from high up near the boot lid. I think* its coming from under the rear screen seal but when i add some more creaping crack stuff it just gets worse.

Ā 

Rimmers sell all the trim clips and rear screen trim but it would cost about Ā£250 all in and there is no guarantee it will fix it. I need to sort it as it buggering up other stuff. Help!

Iā€™d try breakers first. Ā£250 is a bloody lot for some seals. Iā€™d be surprised if they sell any to be honest given a 75 would go for a grand tops.

That's a good shout. I can at least take one off and see what it is like behind and see if there is a chance that's the cause. I have a feeling once i take it off all the clips and stiff will break. But if its a scrap car then that's no bother.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to sheffcortinacentre who kindly sent me a AA badge for postage.

Ā 

As i can't leave anything alone i cleaned up the back plate, repainted it and polished and waxed the front AA part. Got it fitted last night, in the dark and wind. Have a gumtree photo from 2001 taken on a Nokia N gage.

• 4 weeks later...

Every 75 I have looked at, even low mileage examples, have acres of surface corrosion from the heelboard back so yours is definitely a good one.

There was a wee bit, but we treated it when we painted it 4 years back. I keep on top of the waxing, but good to see its working. Will get the jacking points sorted out soon too.

Washed this and my hand went through the sillĀ  :shock: I knew there was bubbling around the rear jacking point but this hole is just behind that. They needed sorted anyway. Will try and get it sorted in January as i don't really want to leave it any longer.