Rover 75 Diesel

oldcars

Oh without a doubt - they're superb cars. Just seem to go through needy phases!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah, my Jag was like that too. And my Galaxy. Fine for months, then needs new battery or Alternator and it all seems to go at once! At least if you spend it and get it right, you know it's right. I've been in the boat where I thought a car was costing me money!! Then decided to sell it a few months later and get something else which cost me more than the old one did! Least if I'd kept the old one I wouldn't of had to spend for a while! That was my old Picasso, needed a new Cat which cost me a bit, then a battery, I'd had cambelts etc done too. I decided to shuffle it on as it was getting a bit long in the tooth. Got a newer plate one, 56 plate I think it was. Had it 3 weeks and the gear linkages seized. That was quite a some of money to get fixed!!! I think it was 300 and odd quid! Should of kept the old one! That was before the routing stuff like oil change etc. Then, the seat adjustment mechanism snapped off in my hand.. that was it. Didn't get along with that car at all. I think I scrapped it!

Mate is looking over this just now. I pulled in and first thing he said was that needs a fuel pump. The inner tank pump has been iffy from day one bit is squeeling now. I have never heard it before.

Anyone elses do this? Just trying to see if this is worth fixing as its the parts list is getting silly.

Just do the things that would otherwise stop you driving it. Caliper and fuel pump for now.

Caliper is done, it needs a shock and fuel pump plus whatever for the mot. What i'm hoping is that the pump will last a bit so it does'nt need replacing just now. Ideally i want a mot and move the thing on.

Result! At least you know that costly and fiddly stuff like bottom arms, bushes and such like are ok plus its had a new clutch.

I woukd suggest getting some vactan and rustproofer on the backs of the sills and just enjoy it, as it clearly wants to live.

You might find if you are not towing any more that it will keep healthy, that must be hard work on every component otherwise.

Result! At least you know that costly and fiddly stuff like bottom arms, bushes and such like are ok plus its had a new clutch.

I woukd suggest getting some vactan and rustproofer on the backs of the sills and just enjoy it, as it clearly wants to live.

You might find if you are not towing any more that it will keep healthy, that must be hard work on every component otherwise.

It is. Jacking points are scabby but solid. Where did you get the vactan stuff from? Tempted to get some and pop some on. 

I do think towing seems to hammer it. Its a light caravan and brake on the van are fine but it seems to kill it.

• 2 weeks later...