Rover 75 Diesel

oldcars

Its getting a full hit  :-D. I am going to help prep it i think, looking forward to it. Need to get the Reliant omghgf fixed first!

I got it for a good price as its been keyed all over, Roof is ok so the keyer (is that a word?) must have been an angry midget.

This is what it looks like close up, from 5 meters it looks ok but its grim close up. I could not live with it as it is.

PS looking at photos it looks not to bad its much worse in the metal.

Ouch!

I walked to the shops at the end of the road a couple of years ago and there was a chavy type Corsa or something parked up and each panel had been gouged and 'wanker' had been scratched on to the bonnet. I spoke to the lad who owned it and it turns out it was an ex-girlfriend who did it. He looked rather embarrassed. 

Such a shame about those scratches on the Rover :(

Ouch!

I walked to the shops at the end of the road a couple of years ago and there was a chavy type Corsa or something parked up and each panel had been gouged and 'wanker' had been scratched on to the bonnet. I spoke to the lad who owned it and it turns out it was an ex-girlfriend who did it. He looked rather embarrassed. 

Such a shame about those scratches on the Rover :(

It is, but they will all be gone soon. Glad its getting a makeover, it runs well. Getting the thermostat replaced helped it no end. 

It must be a Rover thing I guess it could be worse..post-9282-0-89942600-1442602893_thumb.jpgpost-9282-0-01145400-1442602925_thumb.jpg

A metallic Green Audi A4 I bought had been keyed badly down one side on the rear wing both doors and the front wing...

On the drivers door it was down to the metal work but seeing that I had nothing to lose I thought I might as well give it a go with a fine sheet of 2500 wet and dry with some soap and warm water then finish it off with a compound and I managed to to get the paint back to perfect condition on the front and back wings and the rear door ended up only needing coat of Lacquer and I then only had to get the front door fully repainted so it saved me a small fortune..

It can't hurt giving it a go with a bit of wet and dry as if it's got to be repainted anyway it won't matter if you go through the topcoat..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its home  :mrgreen: Gave it a wax at the bodyshop last night. Needs another machine polish to take some light sanding marks out. You really can't see them im just ocd. Will do that when it warms up march april time. Wheels will be refurbed to after the winter. Pics to follow not seen it in the light yet!

Keying a Rover 75 is like kicking a Granny, it's just wrong.

Maybe Mavis and Reginald had a fling down at the bowling club and Doris got jealous.

Joking aside, that's CLASS, my favourite colour of 75.

Thats funny mate. There was a few golf balls under the boot carpet. I guess its not only golf the previous owner was playing when he was out  :mrgreen:

The 75s are common rail engines so veg oil will not work.

Also check the pcv filter.

I did mine and it was solid.

Lovely cars the 75s. It's nice seeing someone spending money on one. Most people run them as bangers which is a shame as they are too good for that.

I was in a new mondeo taxi the other day and the interior of the 75 was a much nicer place to be and seemed to be made out of better materials than the mondeo

75s drive pretty well. Very few manufacturers had the stones to release a soft-riding car in 1999 but Rover did so; pity it was the exact opposite to a lot of fleet and private buyers wanted.

The interior is a bit Trafford Centre for me and the switchgear isn't up to much.

the exact opposite to a lot of fleet and private buyers wanted.

In the late 90s/early 2000s the rental company I worked for were approached by Rover to buy a load of 75s. The life cosy over six months was over £100 per week. Similar Ford and VW stuff was about half that.

THAT is why fleets didn't buy 75s.

Boot of the 75 is a swimming pool after the xmas rain. Light gaskets are ok, it seems to be coming under the rear window i think, from under the rubber gasket along the back window. Read on the 75 forum about fixing it, seems hard work. Need an autoshite fix, any tips?