Rover 75 Diesel

oldcars

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is connected. Last night during a short run the battery light flickered a few times. A good says alternator which costs £££ and a bugger to fit. I have checked the voltage at idle via the on board computer and its giving 14.6v. This would seem to be ok. Could the two be related or was the battery flicker just a blip.

• 2 months later...

The 75 has been working away over christmas & new year taking us here and there. Yesterday the passenger door will not open from inside or outside. I think this is down the the door actuators which stopped working off the key last year. I am guessing this is going to be a joy to get open. Might just ask the good lady to get in dukes of hazzard style.

• 2 weeks later...

Back right hand light packed up last weekend. Got a look at it. Contacts all rusted again, so cleaned them up and its working. Need to sort the boot leak out but im never getting to the bottom of it. Also need to figure out how to get the door open, need to try and remove the doorcard from inside i guess and open the door somehow. Then replace the two door actuators so both fronts open off the fob.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Replaced the passenger side actuator on Saturday. The door was unable to open from the inside or outside. I got the doorcard off from the inside. Only caused slight damage to the top screw and plastic as its hidden by the dash. Twisted the card up clockwise to get it off.
Once off I got the door open by popping the D shape on the actuator with a screwdriver. I then fell out the door.
Fitting the new actuator was not to bad, as I had done the other side a few weeks back. On the D there is a plastic clip thar fits around a threaded rod. Its easier to unclip this than remove the shaft from the door handle at the top. Saves time. I also loosened the big bolt at the bottom that holds the window. Gave me more wiggle room. Taped up window tobe safe. All works as it should now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine is wet right at the rear offside but the wheel well is strangely dry.

Looks like Ill be chasing that one.

Can I ask, have you ever checked the condition of the rear chassis rails in yours? Mine have quite a bit of surface corrosion from the trailing arm mounts right to the rear valance. The rear subframe looks little better.

Mine did that too. Could well be rear light gaskets, or the washer behind the mut that holds the last part of the chrome waist rail is loose or missing. Mine is clean underneath, when we painted it we cleaned up underneath and I keep on top of it. Rear jacking points are scabby, will get this sorted soon. Jack pads are missing so I think I will replace these.