4 Sale: Kia Magentis 2.5 V6 LX auto - Sold

wuvvum

I think I vaguely mentioned this beastie when I bought it, and I then had a bit of a rant about how much hassle it was to replace the brake pipe for the MOT.

Anyway, it now has a shiny new ticket, and is therefore ready to go.

Good bits:  Drives nicely, goes like the clappers and handles much better than you'd expect.  These cars are quicker point to point than they have any right to be.  Engine and box are nice and smooth, and the tiptronic mode works OK.  It's done 107K which isn't massive.  Tyres are all good (one was new in March), electrics all work, air con is nice and cold.  Not bad on fuel for its size, although that bloke on eBay who reckoned his averaged 40mpg was talking bollocks.

Bad bits:  Mainly cosmetics really.  The nearside rear door is dented and the handle's broken (but still works), and there's an assortment of scuffs and scrapes, most of which could be tidied up if you were bothered.  There's a bit of foam missing from the top of the steering wheel rim.  The central locking remote works, but the unlock button has disintegrated and so needs to be pressed with another key or similar.  The boot remote release doesn't work so you have to use the key in the lock.

Pictures:

post-190-0-77916700-1435430744_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-14634600-1435430788_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-25938000-1435430833_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-73653200-1435430938_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-92579600-1435430978_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-77958300-1435431123_thumb.jpg

Car is in NE Norfolk.

I lusted after one of these and the closely related Hyundai Sonata for a long while, it was only the difficulty in getting hold of one nearby which prevented me beig a paid-up Magentis owner. For some reason there were several I saw about but never ever one for sale within 100 miles.

Everything I read backed the description above up, a massively stealthy way to cover a lot of ground very quickly. Apparently they make a very nice noise about 4k rpm too.

GLWTS - sounds like a right bargain

Lovely. Would love it. But the elephant in the room is the road tax. £290 p/y, right? GLWTS.

If so thats a fiver a month more, not much in the scheme of things.

Looking at the shape is that based on a Galant?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...