Primrose R75...... The End, for now...

EssDeeWon

Add to that list...  The rear door on drivers side will not open from the outside now, only from the inside!?

I wonder if I damaged it this morning when I closed it and it just bounced back at me, I thought there was just some ice inside the door, but now the outside handle seems totally redundant.

Oh well... To top it off the other rear door doesn't always unlock with the central locking, good job I very rarely ever carry people in the back.

I guess its now 25% more thief proof than it was before  :mrgreen:

This happened to mine last year in the frost. I got in but when i closed it it just bounced and would not catch. Got the wee lad the push the door shut and then locked with the central locking button on the centre. I guess it was the cold as the next day when the thaw started it worked fine.

Mine did this too, on a couple of the doors. On one a plastic clip connecting a lever to a rod had snapped, on another it needed a new lever/spring assembly behind the handle. Both came from Rimmers for £not too many.

It wasn't that hard a job - trickiest part is not damaging the door card, clips and interior door pull surround when getting the door card off. It all benefited from a good lube in there, as well. All down to lack of use, I suppose.

It's possible I've got some spare bits you can have - will have a look in the Big Shed later.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Bloomin oil in the coolant.  I actually first noticed some ages ago but its now more evident.  Oil is clean and no water loss or overheating so its not HGF but still needs to be sorted along with a few other things before the up coming MOT.

It still runs as lovely as ever, but its annoying as the cooling system was flushed and replaced with new OAT only a few thousand miles ago.

Guest Lord Sward

Aye, the oil will be getting there from somewhere and unless its got an oil-to-coolant heat exchanger (which I don't believe it has), its the head gasket(s).

Panic not yet, there is a water cooled oil cooler and these can leak slightly.

I am guessing it wouldn't take much oil to rise to the top and become evident.  No mayo anywhere except in my kitchen fridge, no loss of water and I do tend do to fairly short journeys in the Rover, maybe 10-15 miles per weekend.  HGF on the KV6 is extremely rare but often misdiagnosed.

*EDIT.  Sorry Roveragous you just beat me to it with the Oil cooler suggestion  :)

Being new I wasn't here for the beginning, but have trawled through and am now up to date.

Wanted it but would only pay £500.

Bought it £400.

Spent upwards of £1,000, with the possibility of a further £1,000 needed.

.................Because it's Yellow.

It's worth around £500.

I rest my case.

Being new I wasn't here for the beginning, but have trawled through and am now up to date.

Wanted it but would only pay £500.

Bought it £400.

Spent upwards of £1,000, with the possibility of a further £1,000 needed.

.................Because it's Yellow.

It's worth around £500.

I rest my case.

Does it matter?

Most hobbies don't make fiscal sense.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Hello All, been a while sorry, nothing personal.

I still have the 75 and have been meaning for a while to come on and update. Its still going well, drives lovely and been totally reliable for the 3+ years I have had it.  Recently had an MOT which sadly it failed this year to the tune of £479.74, hey ho.  I cannot really complain as the last couple of tests have been no problem. 

Sills required some welding, rear exhaust finally had to come off as it has been held up with some rope and what looked like an old drive belt for years now but the MOT man finally took a frown to this, plus new brake pipes, brake pads, front drop link, a tyre, and a slight oil leak (now a failure).  The garage I always use in Southend did a marvelous job, it sounds a lot perkier with the new rear exhaust too.

The Rover is going into British Legends in two weeks for a coolant system flush, the heater matrix unblocked and new OAT coolant before the winter kicks in.

A couple of pics from earlier this year

39827508124_089ce96b68_c.jpgMy Rover 75 by steve wilson, on Flickr

27912026828_bbc7607bf0_c.jpgRover 75 V6 by steve wilson, on Flickr