Bolly Dolly - Now boringly reliable - snoooooooooze

Guest Breadvan72

You Sir are a five star winnah of most epic proportions! That is a very nice Sprint clad in Mimosa!

Does the overdrive work? Watch out for any leaks from the water pump housing slot! Get shoving some waxoyl in various cavities to keep it looking so lovely. Get some relays in place for the meagre headlight wiring/column stalk. Do all the gauges work properly?

Ace, Ace, absolutely Ace!

This place is getting very Triumph orientated. 

Is this your first one?

Guest Breadvan72

Mrs BV says likee even with the sunroof open.  Stereo plays BANGIN SEVENTEEZE CHOONZE, which is the main thing as far as she is concerned.   

Overdrive works better than the one on my Triumph Vitesse did. Gauges all working, but needle on the tachometer prone to bouncing around.  Other noticeable snag is a clatter on rear exhaust bracket, but that should tighten up OK.   Resprayed in 2012, solid as far as I can tell.  Polybushes and adjustable shocks, electronic ignition, recent fuel pump, electric fan, SI carbs refurbed, decent Michelins all round. 

There are two other yeller ones on sale at present, also a dodgy white one and an OK and not too spenner green one.  

That's rather lovely and I'm quite envious.  

...needle on the tachometer prone to bouncing around.   

You might already have this sussed but that might be because the feed wire isn't very well insulated and is too near something causing interference in the engine bay.  Philibusmo's Mk1 Fiesta had this when I borrowed it, the wire ran out and loosely along the bulkhead so I just tucked it up out of the way and the rev counter settled down.

called the colour

That is a very nice looking car, very nice indeed.

How come we are onto page three and no Dolly dits yet? I'll start. I set fire to one once, not on purpose but when trying to bodge it through an MoT. Hadn't taken the carpet out while plating the previous years plate, and, well, you can guess the rest

That's very nice Mr BV. Very yellow. Very smart... 8) 8) 8)

FG was once the ID for Fifeshire but became a Brighton Identifier in the 1974 shake up...Doovla says Mr BV's Sprint is a 1975 example, registered on 31st December 1975...should probably be on a 'P' really...

Guest Breadvan72

The Lotus is going north soon, to be restored by a new owner.  Too much effort for me and mt travelling mech Roy without a local workshop space. The Dolly will be used a lot, but rested over the winter, probably.