Discovery 300tdi Auto **SOLD**

gadgetgricey

Very half hearted attempt to sell this, as the wife detests the car (but I love it), but need to show willing as currently have five on the road, and she refuses to drive this one.

At least if its up for sale, I can show her the advert.

Basically bought from this very parish from a relative of Krujoe, who had owned it from new.

Always went to the garage for anything it needed, but I don't think it ever went to the car wash in its ownership.

Also seemed to be used as a mobile shed/storage, fungus growing facility. (apologies Krujoe, but I think he will agree)

The original set of photos from when I purchased it are as below, but there have been a few changes improvements in my ownership.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/KruJ1979/library/Annes%20Disco

Work completed.

Good clean inside, so no moss growing anywhere.

Two front doors replaced so all fully working. (Different colour but no longer has the massive dents in each door, and the central locking, electric windows and wing mirrors now all work)

Blip now works for all doors on the central locking as door springs replaced on faulty doors.

Rear door can be opened from the outside (see above)

EGR bypass fitted to improve performance/economy (supposedly, but cant really notice a difference)

Replacement front and rear bumpers purchased, but not yet fitted. (watch this space)

Tow bar acquired, but not yet fitted.

Parcel shelf cover fitted.

Rear view mirror fitted.

Low range/ Hi Range transfer box now working as it should. (well after a bit of grease and lubrication it now shifts between the two, where it would not move previously. No whines or noises when engaged)

Inner rear wheel arches sanded down and anti rust applied.

Temporary aerial fitted, so at least the radio works. (Coathanger would probably be better though)

All interior bulbs changed so now you can see inside at night.

MOT till 09/01/2016

No tax due to new rules.

115k miles

Ongoing plans for the car if it does not sell, or until it sells.

Fit front and rear replacement bumpers

Rattle can the doors to match.

Possible find a replacement bonnet due to dent/gauge in centre.

Fit tow bar.

If car sells as is, will include front and rear bumper. Also still have the old dented doors if you prefer colour match to non dented fully working doors..

Even have a set of rear doors, same colour as the front ones on the car at the moment. Feel free to take away what you need or leave and I'll just chuck them down the tip.

Well this is how the car currently looks.

bmw%20alloy%20001_zpspd9mieul.jpg

And a load more pictures just taken today via my poor quality camera phone today as below.

http://s222.photobucket.com/user/gadgetgricey/library/Discovery

Likewise if you need any specific pictures, get back to me.  (ie the rear boot floor, which has not been touched since the original set as per the original pics at top of thread, from when I got the car).

Car is located in Halesowen, and still in daily use if you want to have a look.

Driven the car about 500 miles since I purchased, and has not missed a beat once.

Dave

((As an aside: Noticed in traffic that the numberplate is only one number away from having a special reg. All of them apart from the 5, are the exact mirror image of each one. So looking at the reflection in the shiny car in front of me, could read my reg as MS88YWA. Well it made me smile))

Random fact. Ford Motor Company purchase numberplates that read OK back to front (eg if yours was M88YWA, although they normally go for dateless) so they can flip their press photos left to right for LHD markets.

End of random fact. Good luck with the sale (or rather bad luck, since you don't appear to want to sell it!)

Hey Dave, you owe no apologies to me for your honesty! I can't stress how absolutely RANCID this thing was when you took it on. Vulgalour would have wet himself to witness the wretchedness.

It's looking loads better now, (well cleaner, anyway), the inside is unrecognisable. Good work.

Dave is a top bloke by the way, folks. Buy with confidence.

Nnnnnnnnnnng, car stiffy! Car perfection is now in front of me on a screen.

If someone were to buy the Toledo I'd be on this like a rat up a drainpipe or 100 quid a month on AS finance deal ;)

Money needed to purchase said Disco. 

Jewellery for missus now on back burner (long story)

I actually sat in one of these today! A dizzler but not sure if it was 200 or 300 TDi. This was a manual model. Was a P plate.

Lovely driving position, spacious interior, great view all round. Huge thumbs up!

The seats though, they were uncomfortable as feck! Don't know if they were normal for the car but they were cloth, flat and seemingly made of granite. It made the Smart car I had seem comfy.

Please tell me this was unusual as my back started to hurt after about 2 minutes :( :( :(

As for the seats, it depends on the spec. My Dad had an ES spec which was leather seats and they were very comfy. That said the cushioning can break down over time in the arse & lower back cushions leading to a "OMFGCHURCHPEW" driving experience

Mine (T-reg, middling GS spec) has cloth seats which you could describe as pretty firm, but I don't find them uncomfortable - lots of support on a long journey. The head restraint is skull-fracturingly hard, mind, and pillowy Range Rover seats off a scrapper would be a pleasant upgrade.

If you cba fettling Rangie seats into this, good seats from a scrapper can be had for pennies. I've had a few discos and the seats can collapse over time but find a good set and you can sit in them all day without a hint of backache.

Well the wife is happy as the discovery has left the building :-(

Happy to say its stayed within the AS family, but I'll let the new owner speak up or start there own collection thread.

Ended up more like a Pickfords removal thread with all the doors and other gubbins that came with the car.

Now anyone got anything smaller for sale......

Cheers

Dave