New Honda car tomorrow ! Update 2017

Christine

My sisters giving me her old car tomorrow .A free Honda HR-V , 2 door 4x4 coupe ! Only other thing i can remember about it is that it's silver... its been parked under a pine tree so was covered in needles ..and headlights need a T cut . Pics tomorrow .I can't wait !! My missus ain't happy , shes smitten    :wub:   with the 300 quid Baleno with the whiney gearbox  we bought from Vince, and doesn't want to change   .

I asked if there was a handbrake 20p in it , but was told more likely be a (unused ) tampon  :?

Gen me up . I just wikipeadia hrv's ..so  if its 4x4 , it's got a more grunt  v.tec engine ??

Who the hell wrote this crap ? Did they go to school?  https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_HR-V

Thats got to be a spoof Wiki page,surely?

It reads like someone has tried writing it in Scottish but not quite......

And it's the whole page,not just the car "review" lol

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-30-sec-Headlight-Restoration/

As it happens i have 25 litres drum of cellulose thinner . I've been running the JPS  mower on it , it's a bit sooty exhaust mind..and the fuel pipe has gone hard !

I'll try it and report back .  Only 4 hours to go before it lands :-P

Keep that thinner away from the paint!

That Wikipediapage looks like it was written by an Archers scriptwriter for Jazzer

If you change the "sco" on the Wikipedia address to "en" it has a different page, in the Queen's English. 

Looks like some sort of scottish joke, but it doesn't just translate every page if you change the website to sco. very weird.

• 2 years later...

HR-V's are GR14! My old man bought one new in 2002 and ran it for 15 years and 200k without a hint of trouble. It's been all over Europe, crashed into every single thing in south western France and acquits itself surprisingly well off-road. Certainly I've never had any trouble going anywhere in it following Dad in his Defender. That said, the rear suspension feels pretty baggy nowadays and there's a big crack in the windscreen

He sent me an email about two months ago to say the (original) clutch was just starting to slip a little if you boot it, and was wondering if it was time to replace it with a new diesel estate or something. I told him he ought to set his sights a little higher, needless to say a fortnight ago he purchased another 2002 HR-V, giffer ownership, less than 30k on the clock and VTEC YO! Excellent cars.

Missed this thread the first time around. My sister has one in 5 door flavour and I really, really rate it. its fairly sups the oil and pez, but they all seem to do that sir, but it runs really, really well and I find it a real hoot to drive.

New rear shock absorbers made a large difference to ride comfort and were pretty cheap.

If I can find a three-door in that dog-piss yellow colour at a nice price I will certainly buy it.

For some reason mine only    picks up its skirts and goes like stink (  vtec yo ! ) when it's oil is low... keeping it topped up to the max line on the dipstick  and its a slug...

Regular oil change and a decent oil system flush is a must with these. Don't use anything other than 5w30 fully synthetic.

For some reason mine only    picks up its skirts and goes like stink (  vtec yo ! ) when it's oil is low... keeping it topped up to the max line on the dipstick  and its a slug...

Is the Vtec controlled in part by oil pressure? I'd be concerned that something is sticking or partly gummed up.