two wheeled shite - kawasaki GPZ500s - now sold!

groovylee

Hi all,

due to needing to save my marriage, and free up space for my reliant, i'm selling my motomocycle :-(

main stuff - GPZ500s, 1996, 40k, MOT about to expire (5/7/15), on sorn since October last year. registered as green, but currently black (more on that in a bit). 10(!) previous owners (seems she's a bit of a slut lol)

asking £300 ono

good stuff:

runs fine - was a daily commuter weapon until the weather turned shit last October

newish brake pads, chain, sprockets, tyres (LOADS of tread) but surface rust on stuff due to being stood over winter.

massive spares package - full green bodywork, tank, and spare seat.  these will need work though, and that's why they're off, and the black stuff is on. spare forks, front wheel, radiator, rear light, headlight, 3 exhausts - you get the idea.....

current exhaust is a nice loud stainless steel Delkevic SS70 setup.  this cost me £230 last year and is pretty mint. and loud. did I mention it's loud? good, because it is.

Bad:

she's tatty, and needs some love.

she occasionally pops out of 2nd on the downshift, but not on the way up through the gears. never bothered me.

she uses some oil. not gallons, but she needs topping up every now and again.  no smoke from the zorst though.

theres probably more details, but i'm shit at remembering, so ask questions, and i'll answer them incredibly honestly.  after all, you lot are mad enough to buy it anyway lol

anyhoo, pics:

image.jpg1_zpswr9qkwz4.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsk2ucjuim.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsohgjc9dn.jpg

and what it looked like in green :-)

DSC_4785_zps52fb119b.jpg

you'll be best off with a van or trailer due to the amount of spares!

any questions, just ask.

located in shefford, Beds

Lee

cheers mate.  tbh, I loved the bike, but I took all the green off due to it being a bit ratty.  I was going to do a full refurb on it, then rebuild.  but as is always the way, I got busy on all the other projects and just lost interest in it, then fell out of love with it :-(

How is it that it looks so much faster in green?!

quality marketing lol. also, I think the full fairing doesit, instead of the top fairing and belly pan look.  no one in the gpz forum has ever seen a fairing like it, and we cant figure out what it's from :-)

These used to be the ultimate sensible sports-commuter bike, cheap to run, quick enough and good fuel economy too.

The seller is a top man, he bought my Skoda so while he's an honest chap his judgement is a bit crap ;-)

I have had a couple of Suzuki GS500's, cheap to run but bloody nasty things (sub £200 bikes tend to be just that).

My brother did this to his NTV. Cagiva Mito sub-frame and seat unit, few accessories from China, quick spray job = big profit from the hipster dude buyer. It was a nice bike to ride, although a bit underpowered they were very under stressed, so no wonder they were loved by the courier guys.

post-19526-0-57164200-1434741583_thumb.jpg

Don't think the fairing is any great mystery - isn't it from the later 500? The originals were two part as per the black one (which I prefer) which later formed a full fairing IIRC.

Shame about the 2nd gear problem - selector forks?

Don't think the fairing is any great mystery - isn't it from the later 500?

Shame about the 2nd gear problem - selector forks?

no, the fairing isn't from the later 500. the nose cone and the belly pan are modified originals, it is the infill panels that we cant figure out where theyre from.  to be honest, theyre probably highly modified too.... and they have some indicators flush fitted into them that I don't recognise either.

2nd gear could well be the selector forks, but then it doesn't seem to do it on the upshift, only downshifting?