1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme - Sold to the man with the most tickets

wuvvum

At Cavcraft's suggestion, I'm starting a new thread for this.  You may have read the gory details on the other thread, but here's the important bits, shamelessly copied from another for sale thread:

This is a 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme sedan, a mid-size car (by American standards) powered by GM's long-serving 3.1-litre V6 driving the front wheels through a 4-speed auto 'box. It's a runner and MOT'd (albeit only to the end of the month), but it needs some TLC which I don't currently have the time to give it.

Good bits: Starts / drives / stops / steers - actually drives quite nicely. All lights, wipers etc. work, tyres are good. Has a funky digital dash. It's a 6-seater, although the middle front passenger would need to be on the skinny side. It uses a drivetrain that GM made for about a million years, so mechanical bits are plentiful and cheap. It's also a pushrod engine so no cambelts to worry about, and it isn't as bad on fuel as you might think. Aircon seems to work after a fashion - it's not ice cold but definitely colder than the ambient temperature. It's called an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, which is a much cooler name than Vauxhall Vectra or whatever. It has a towbar.

Bad bits:

-Bodywork is presentable but not perfect - the horizontal surfaces all have some degree of lacquer peel on them, there are a few minor dings and a bit of bubbling on the nearside front wing above the bumper (in what I like to call the W210 spot).

-Engine needs a tune-up - starts fine but seems to be over-fuelling (the chap I bought it off reckoned a tired injector) and can cut out at idle sometimes, mainly when cold.  I've priced a new injector up - came to 29 quid odd including shipping from the US and VAT.

-Gearbox works fine but has an ATF leak. It's not pouring out but it's losing enough that it'd probably need topping up every week or so. I put in a Wynn's stop leak treatment - it's too early to tell how successful this has been, you may be lucky or you might need to take bits off and put Hylomar round them.

-The engine doesn't start off the key - the key does the ignition and steering lock but there's a separate flick switch under the dash to operate the starter. The advantage of this in light of point 2 is there's no cutout mechanism if the car's in gear so if the engine stalls at a junction, you can just flick the switch and pull away straight off, you don't have to faff about putting it into park.

-The boot doesn't currently open as I snapped the key off in the lock because I'm a hamfisted idiot. It might open with a bit of fiddling as most of the key is inside, it just needs lining up with the pins properly.

-Will probably need a bit of work for its next test - apart from the above, the previous owner reckoned the parking brake was a bit rubbish [edit:  I've tried it and it is.  It sort of works, but wouldn't hold the car on anything resembling a hill], it might need other bits too, I haven't had time to go over it in too much detail.

Pics:

post-190-0-72708800-1433065230.jpg

post-190-0-18944500-1433088281.jpg

post-190-0-26337900-1433087823.jpg

post-190-0-25135100-1433087642.jpg

post-190-0-54646700-1433087587.jpg

Couple more points:

-MOT is out on the 28th so ideally it'll need to be gone before then.  I'm reasonably certain it'll make it to Andy's house under its own steam, having done 150 miles in it (including a trek across central London) a few weeks ago.

-The money bit will need to be done via bank transfer, as I still can't get into my Paypal account and Paypal are cunts anyway.  Tickets are a fiver each.

I have no idea if this is going to generate enough interest to be workable, but I'm not having a lot of luck selling it the traditional way, so it's worth a bash.  Due to the lack of Paypal it's probably easiest if the payment bit is delayed until it becomes clear whether this is going to be a go-er, as it's going to be a right old faff doing loads of return bank transfers.

1. Vladimir Putin
4. eddyramrod
7. Sealtainn
8. doobietoo
10. chaseracer
13. stephen01
14. smellmycheese
16. eddyramrod
17. tul66
18. Vulgalour obo eddyramrod
19. MrDuke
21. JohnK
22. Outlaw118
23. Barmatt
24. The Moog
25. flat4alfa
26. JohnK
27. Michael1703
28. chaseracer
30. whysub
32. purplebargeken
33. Sealtainn
34. purplebargeken
35. the judge
36. Hairnet
37. Barmatt
38. 320touring
39. FOAD
40. Cavcraft
41. whysub
42. purplebargeken
43. Nev
44. purplebargeken
45. Sealtainn
46. Doobietoo
49. FOAD

Best of luck...

Ghosty, I see you're in Manchester.  Have you found the American Auto Club North West yet?  They meet at Krispy Kreme, by the Trafford Centre, first Sunday of every month except July, when most of the members will be at Stars'n'Stripes at Tatton Park.  Turn up, speak to people, you'll find them welcoming.

Ghosty, I see you're in Manchester. Have you found the American Auto Club North West yet? They meet at Krispy Kreme, by the Trafford Centre, first Sunday of every month except July, when most of the members will be at Stars'n'Stripes at Tatton Park. Turn up, speak to people, you'll find them welcoming.

If we are talking of gambling!.. Actually no, I won't let my tips go public...

4. eddyramrod

7. Sealtainn

8. doobietoo

13. gadgetgricey

16. eddyramrod

18. Vulgalour obo eddyramrod

21. JohnK

23. Barmatt

26. JohnK

27. Michael1703

30. gadgetgricey

33. Sealtainn

36. Hairnet

37. Barmatt

39. FOAD

40. Cavcraft Sourhern Division Scrap Battalion

46. Doobietoo

Best of luck...

40, please. I actually genuinely don't want to win this, so should my number come up I'd like to arrange to have it weighed in and take the cash alternative.