1984 Ford Capri - Mad as a box of frogs

Skoze

Hey guys,

I know it's a touch more pricey than the usual AS-fodder, but a friend of mine has asked me to list this for him. Up for sale is his 1984 Capri, originally a 2.0S, upgraded somewhat since it left the factory. 

Drivetrain:

Bilstein struts, with a spring rate of what feels like 190lb or so. 

2.8i brakes, drilled vented and grooved discs

2.8i rear axle, 3.09 diff

Single leaf rear springs

Lowered around 2" all round

Type 9 gearbox with quick shift

Most importantly; 2.9 BOA. 

Interior:

Good pinstripe fishnet interior, bit of wear on the drivers bolster as always but comfortable and all there.

Good carpets

6 pod dash

Very good headlining, no damage to sunroof lining

Sunroof handle is broken annoyingly, but easily replaced 

Working heater!!!

Bodywork + Exterior:

Good shell, few spots of rust starting here and there but mostly seemed to be in the wings. Inners have been repaired or replaced previously, outers are starting to go at the front.

Headlamp bowls look solid, so does front valance

Rear arches are solid

Paint work is passable but is dull in places owing to some previous owner re-spraying, would no doubt scrub up well with some clear coat and a good polish.

New Minilite style alloys - not sure if genuine or not as didn't really look, but they're a very smart set of wheels - 7x13, et-7

New Falken 205/60/13s

image-1_1.jpeg

image-2.jpeg

image-3.jpeg

image.jpeg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3553.jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

I had a fairly good nose around this yesterday and found no issues with it. Sills are good, rear arches are very strong, pillars are all good, looks to have had a replacement boot floor at some point which has been put in nicely and just has a little surface rust. Has had a few repairs previously as most have, but these look to have been done well - it really does just need tidying up a bit. The only proper negative I can see with it is the wings having blistered a bit, but i've no doubt they're repairable. 

Also had a look around underneath and the car has been polybushed, had a little drive and everything's good there, stops well and handles really nicely. Very impressive ride comfort, doesn't crash around at all but is firm.

Bottom line; it is an incredibly fast Capri with circa 220bhp, and it's cheap. It's solid, and looks to only really need remedial work to keep it that way.

Test 'til mid September, £2950 with a little room to move... 

Arrrrghhhh, I keep seeing this and having much "want". It ticks the boxes of a) it's a Capri, B) it's got the Cosworth motor, c) it's a Capri.

Can't justify spending that sort of cash at the minute though mores the pity.

GLWTS of a cracking looking motor

That is lovely. Mk2's look a bit odd with mk3 style round quad headlights. I wonder how much weight those impact absorbing bumpers add? They are huge compared to proper mk2 chrome bumpers!

Which reminds me, I've got a decent pair of chrome GT bumpers for my mk2 that still need fitting. Even still got the little plastic over riders on them.