Le Mans - A place where you can see heroes weep

Junkman

If you have a VPN and can point it to France then there is full live footage of all of it here:

https://www.france.tv/france-2/direct.html

Commentary is in French but even my rudimentary GCSE standard is enough to work out whats going on.

Or just mute that and listen to the commentary by Radio Le Mans. I'm doing that with the Eurosport feed at the moment, because the Eurosport commentary/studio segments are UTTER PISH.

Neither of their cars having a good go of it. At least the #11 is still running.

Looked like the #17 would be back in the pits in pretty short order, but must have been a bigger problem than first thought.

Which is a shame, since SMP vs Rebellion was my last hope of any thrill in LMP1.

I mean, those Toyotas are going to FTP anyway, won't they?

I've watched more of this than I have of F1 this year, it's bloody fantastic. However, to quote my Facebook thing earlier today...

"Remember guys the race is 24 hours long so don't get over excited and crash on the first lap..."

Not even 15 seconds in and this happens - I think someone will be getting their jotters!post-3066-0-30761400-1529187456_thumb.jpg

post-3066-0-96551200-1529187551_thumb.jpg

Junkman to describe Car 17 please! Jeepers that was some impressive sparks and smoke!

Third time he's tried to get it running.... impressive plumes of smoke indeed.

Bonus points also for the commentator sniggering after saying "snatch tractor"

Just caught up with this on Quest +1 - nice sparks!

The commentator is well known in cycling for his "Kirby-isms!!