Le Mans - A place where you can see heroes weep

Junkman

Another free Eurosport stream: http://www.stream2video.tv/countries/united-kingdom/eurosport-live-stream

Anyway, the past half hour was rather exciting what with a Porsche flambé and the #13 Rebellion needing some hammer work.

Why was that #50 Corvette in the garage for ages?

Besides, at the moment I find the Eurosport commentary better than Radio LM.

I love GTs, especially how this septic £3.99 novelty shop article pulls away from that posh British private school run chod.

Add the Italians, always ready for a fight. Until it starts.

But for me it's about LMP1. This is what is technically possible. They are almost as fast as cars were back in 1970,

but need half the fuel.

Well, I seem to have found a Eurosport feed with no adverts or commentary, so I've now got race sounds that match the video, with Radio Le Mans coverage over the top. Working well. Sadly, I missed an hour for dinner - apparently racing doesn't count as mutually acceptable telly...

Link?

#18 Porker went greenlaning!

At Mulsanne corner.

Actually, that's not the first time it's been off. It had a bit of a brush with a tyre wall earlier at Arnage.

It's the last placed LMP1 Porsche though.

They hiabed it back onto the tarmac and it seems to run OK.

Edit: It went to the pits at race speed, they merely did some cleaning of the air ducts, swapped the nose and sent it back out.

Wouldn't be right if there wasn't an OMGODADVERSEWEATHER worry. After all, NW France isn't so different to here climatically.

Given that my favoured Alpine is now mostly composed of parcel tape and cable ties, I doubt they'll worry. They'll just have to hope that whoever decides to waltz off the track next time remodels the other side.

I'll stay up for a bit yet, now I've remembered I have a couple of cans of Rossi Monster in the fridge, and it makes Aldi Malbec less unacceptable. Drinkies!

I'm on Aldi Cotes du Rhone tonight, because French.

It's not going well for Datsun.

#21 went into limp home mode, then died on the track

#22 lost the front clip, but made it back to the pits. Not seen since.

#23 did what looked like a normal pit stop, but they trollied it into the garage and it's been sitting there ever since (20 mins now)

Driver is now out of the car and it doesn't look like there is a lot of activity.

To be fair, they lasted ten hours.

Edit: 22 is back out. 23 will be fixed and be back out, but it'll take some time.

Question is whether they can still make the minimum distance to get classed.