Saab 9000 CSE 2.0 LPT

ERNO

Hi all. Long time lurker (since 2007 or so). It's a bit of bad form to post a for sale ad with such a low post count but someone might be interested in it. Not seen a lot of love for these here though...

I've hardly done any miles in this in the last six months, so I thought I'd offer it up here first.

It's a 1996 9000 CSE LPT in Silver with black leather. 2.0 manual. Runs and drives great. No major issues. A few little knocks and dents, including a slightly broken but functional driver's door mirror, but the paint is largely good and would come up looking quite smart with a little light detailing.

MOT expired May 15th 2015. I'd leave enough tax on it to get you home. Passed last year needing very little and has hardly done any miles since.

Fairly solid, might need some attention at the rear, behind the rear valance and wheel arch areas. It had a little patch just behind the offside rear arch last year. Nothing major and may be good enough for a test without any work.

Is it worth £350 to anyone?

14295669372_e164c01be4_c.jpg

14166143951_8f855ee252_c.jpg

14001299725_2093612d1a_c.jpg

Located in Hackney E5, east London.

I welcome lurkers who turn up with interesting cheap chod for sale. Welcome ERNO!

+1, a lot of forums don't let lurkers or new people post for sale stuff, but on here it's fine and this (advert) shows why that's the right way to be. 

Thanks for all the positive vibes folks. To be fair, I've only been a member since 2011, but I've been reading posts practically every day since 2007.

It's a good big car. It pains me to offer it up but I can't face shelling out for another year's insurance and putting it through a test in my current state of extreme skintness. They're fairly thin on the ground these days and this is a sound honest example. If it's kept legal and roadworthy I don't see the value going down much from here.

I'd probably consider buying it back at some point in the future if I was a bit better off. Owning a car in inner London is an extravagance I can't justify at the moment.

It runs well. Starts, stops and steers with no issues. Holds a good temperature in stop start traffic on a warm day no probs. It's the low pressure turbo engine, doesn't have the lag and thump in power delivery common in the cars with the bigger turbo. Tunes fairly easily and cheaply to somewhere in the 200bhp region. Does high twenties / low thirties tootling around London. I squeezed almost 40mpg (according to the computer) from it on a run to Scotland last summer.

There's a few little niggles; central locking is a bit sticky through lack of use, a/c doesn't blow as cold as it should, needs a headlight and and indicator bulb and the door mirror will need a repair or replacement plastic.

These late 9000s are some of the best cars Saab built. Bit less character than a 900 but more refined. Fabulous inside; the seats are the pinnacle of Saab's design, possibly the best car seats ever. Fit and finish of Saabs definitely went downhill from here with the GM designed cars.

Anyway, open to offers, especially if I can get shot of it to a nice Autoshite person this weekend.

I've just sold a gorgeous 2.3 FPT Griffin saloon and can vouch for the comfort and power of these beasties. Much missed,every single time I fire up my 306 hdi shitheap, and every time I hit a speedbump thanks to the dick who put the hardest lowering springs known to man on it. Good luck with the sale mate and that is quite cheap indeed  

Definatly not a fiat / lancia underneath then ?

9000s have always felt enough like a "real" Saab for me to not really give the common platform a thought. The later GM cars, meh, not so much.

Why not stick it in for a £35 MOT? Even if it fails the fail sheet might help you sell.

It's not insured and I wouldn't risk running it even half a mile down the street to the garage. Plus, too skint to even contemplate spending anything on it at the moment. It's worth somewhere close to what I'm looking for even as it stands with no ticket imho.

I've never had any major mechanicals with Saabs. I gave a 9000 away when the clutch slave cylinder went on it once though. It's a pretty major operation and I passed it on to another Saab guy for free. He fixed it and ran it for a considerable time afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Still here. Had someone from uksaabs come to look at tonight but walked away at 200 quid. I think he was maybe put off by the advisories from last year. I had a crawl around underneath and can't see anything of any consequence at all. He had his suit on so he didn't. Bit of a plonker.

So, yep still here. Come and get it at 200 if you want it.

18276141064_132cbc3748_k.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Now sold. Gave it to a nice older (69) chap who came all the way from Aberdeen for it after seeing it on Gumtree. Paid me £180. Bit of hero actually. Left Aberdeen at 5:30 this morning on a Megabus, I met him at Victoria and he came over to Hackney with me to pick it up. I drove it up to Holloway Road to get him started on the A1 home at 8pm tonight. Saab lovin' ledge!