5th gear at the banger track.

55bloke

I have clean knives & forks.

I took my cast off and began poking at my wound which was irritating me, discovered half an inch of Blue 2.0 Vicryl suture still in there that the treatment room nurse had missed - pulled it out with tweezers off my swiss army knife and redressed the wound with some betadine spray and mepore then took some Pen V tablets I have left over from a thoat infection as I dont want a case of osteomylitis.As an encore I went on to sandpaper my scrotum smooth...Much more enjoyable than watching 5th Gear.

Just had a look at this courestey of the 'demand five' website.A bit sad yes, but nothing we haven't seen before. I too am in the morbid curiosity camp.On another note, 5th gear seem to be blatantly copying stuff from top gear now- I definately remember Clarkson doing a piece on classic banger racing and Quentin Wilson re taking his driving test about 10 years ago!

Just had a look at this courestey of the 'demand five' website.A bit sad yes, but nothing we haven't seen before. I too am in the morbid curiosity camp.

Agreed, however, Fifth Gear are worse c*nts than Top Gear, because they aspire to be Top Gear, they are arseholes for glorifying this shit and the people doing this shit to what are in some cases decent cars are meatheaded f*ckwits, I continue to despair and I still find VBH strangely attractive

Hmmm.... hadn't expected quite such vitriol to be directed towards 5th Gear, which I'll admit to rather enjoying! To their credit, they do actually try to make a show that's about cars, rather than just proving what a bunch of lads they are (as enjoyable as that might be, in Top gear's case) and Tiff is a far FAR better driver than J.C. can ever aspire to be. And, I'm afraid I too find VBH rather attractive- the smile, the voice, and the fact she can actually drive too. Sorry. :oops::lol: As for the programme in question, I don't think they were glorifying the banger racers at all. The presenter is clearly a chap who loves his old cars, and he seemed genuinly saddened at the destruction of cars he would prefer to see saved- the V8 Pilot especially. I simply can't believe any one would banger one of those! :shock:

I actually quite like 5th gear too....they have some interesting stuff on there for the everyman where TG is dream cars all the time.The hairy fella (Tom) has a mondeo estate which I'm sure the TG crew would not be seen dead in.And Jonny who did the banger race bit does love old motors and was genuinely gutted a lot of those cars were being wrecked.Not too sure about the newer presenter Tim, mainly as I can only see him as Mr Inappropriate on Balls of steel.As for VBH.....I have to say I would.