Communal Shitefest selling thread

catsinthewelder

But not the Stowaway you're picking up for me I hope  :mrgreen:

Sorry, I offered to do this because I knew I would be driving past but nobody got back to me quick enough.  Is anyone else likely to pass Pershore (Worcs) on the way to SF15?

That`ll be me :)

38p per KG

but give me an idea of how many you will be bringing as I shall be bringing the Standard Pennant so can`t take that many from shitfest

I'm still happy to bring some back in the Cherry if needs be,  there's 3 duff batteries and some other scrap here already come to think of it.

Ooh ta. I think... did I want them? :oops:

As I offered in the offered thread...

Were £50, £40 to you Richard, is that ok?

I'll try to dig you out some spare wheel bolts too, but I'm sure there's not a full set.

Are you still in the market for a tow-bar for the blue saloon?

I'll take the wheels, thanks.

The V70 can fulfil all my towing requirements now that I've made it boost but I'd be interested if your one is a flange type. I've got a bike carrier that fits on a tow bar flange.

Anyone want a set of front and back beige leather seats out of my rover 400 1996 in good condition. Will take a silly offer but will need to be collected from shitefest...or I can drop them off between dorset and welsh wales as I have run out of storage space ...again.......have some other bits of the car left so if you need anything else rover 400 related tap me up...

pics here...

http://autoshite.com/topic/19035-giffer-special-dizzler-intercooler/

How much vegebletons...?

I'd guess 500 litres or so... best fire him off a PM and ask. Here he is:

http://autoshite.com/user/5452-explosive-cabbage/

(If I don't see him first, tell him that I'm happy to drag the small trailer with it.)

Anyone else want some good spun-filtered veg, click above to order with Will.

We have loads of 306 and Rover R8 bits cluttering up the place. Some 205 spares an'all.

What U need? Prices: £cheap.

Are 306 rear axles and outer arms same as the xsara? They look pretty damn similar. If so have you any straight good arms and/axles? Thanks muchly

Some 205 spares an'all.

What U need? Prices: £cheap.

I may have asked Will already - can't remember cos I is old and I'd just driven the 1.9TD of Doom - but if you have a 205 sunroof cassette, that would be splendid  :)

Thank you. My drivers side wheel is occasionally rubbing and I'm not familiar with these suspension setups!

It the rear beam is anything like a 205 / 306 it sound from the symptoms like the bearings in the cross tube have gone. If you jack the car up and check for play in the suspension by pushing and pulling the top and bottom of the wheel respectively that will diagnose if the inner cross tube bearing is fucked. Much easier to get a good beam from a scrapper, the rebuild kits start at about £100 for a good quality copy from Poland but its quite a difficult job. The trailing arms I think you may be looking for will not solve the problem as they never really go wrong, it is the trailing arm shaft inside the cross-tube that wears and gets damaged by the knackered bearing. The only way to check if this has happened is to pull the beam apart and check the bearing faces on the trailing arm shafts. I will talk you through it at Shitefest.

It the rear beam is anything like a 205 / 306 it sound from the symptoms like the bearings in the cross tube have gone. If you jack the car up and check for play in the suspension by pushing and pulling the top and bottom of the wheel respectively that will diagnose if the inner cross tube bearing is fucked. Much easier to get a good beam from a scrapper, the rebuild kits start at about £100 for a good quality copy from Poland but its quite a difficult job. The trailing arms I think you may be looking for will not solve the problem as they never really go wrong, it is the trailing arm shaft inside the cross-tube that wears and gets damaged by the knackered bearing. The only way to check if this has happened is to pull the beam apart and check the bearing faces on the trailing arm shafts. I will talk you through it at Shitefest.

Ok thank you I've jacked it up but can't feel any play. That's what's confusing! I'll leave it till shitefest,it's only doing it every so often.

Possible Shiteleyfest request... anyone in the south coast coming with a biggish estate/van? Been offered a NOS front door for the 345DL from a fella on a coach drivers facebook in Brighton. No hassle if not as he's on a 12 day Scottish tour later in the month with a coach but worth a nosy!

Three boxes of car magazines, from 1960s through to a few months ago. Autocar/motor/classic & Sportscar/classic American/car/Motorsport (only a few each of these last three titles). Also some books that Richard Welfare gave me last year, and a few other bits of random tat such as an Alfa Romeo badge.

The only stuff I'll be selling will be issue 1 and issue 2 of Jalopy (£5 and £3 respectively).