A set of unknown brake pads.

CHRIS1980

Yes I know,probably a waste of time for all of us. But I hate to throw them away. They are new in a box. They were made by HOMER,but he may have moved onto other things these days. There is no part number on the box but on the back of the pads it says: JURID-402 ZTL36, 2002700. 8-82.

The box also warns of the dangers of asbestos,not sure what the fuss is about.

Bid me on them if you think you know what they are for,or you think you really want them to take up valuable space in your garage. +p&p.

Would these pads be suitable for track use? I could file them down to fit or just repeatedly bash them into the calipers with a large 12oz hammer as the car balances perilously on that rusty Scissor Jack I bought at a car boot sale some time ago. Might cross drill the discs as well. Badly. After this i'll replace (most) of the brake fluid with some Halfords 'Racing' stuff, but if theres not enought left after i've spilt it down the wing, i'll use that metal canister of Duckhams brake fluid thats been in the shed since my grandfather left it there in 1998. After ive pissed around with all this for a morning I expect I'll ring an ambulance or something or warn VOSA of my plans.

Would these pads be suitable for track use? I could file them down to fit or just repeatedly bash them into the calipers with a large 12oz hammer as the car balances perilously on that rusty Scissor Jack I bought at a car boot sale some time ago. Might cross drill the discs as well. Badly. After this i'll replace (most) of the brake fluid with some Halfords 'Racing' stuff, but if theres not enought left after i've spilt it down the wing, i'll use that metal canister of Duckhams brake fluid thats been in the shed since my grandfather left it there in 1998. After ive pissed around with all this for a morning I expect I'll ring an ambulance or something or warn VOSA of my plans.

Rusty scissor jack ???  What's wrong with some bits of wood or some bricks ?

They look very much like Scimitar ones, fits lots of 70's stuff too (inc jag) I've just had a measure and recon the back plate of the mintex / girling version is 98mm x 65mm with approx 10mm of pad depth,  The friction lining is 92mm at the widest point and 50mm at the narrowest.

If yours are the same and cheap I'm interested.