The Past!

pandamonium

The megane wasnt tecnically mine, I just had it for a couple of weeks to sell for my bro-in-law! The Lada is the best , but Maestro was brilliant, I just wanted a Lada. One of my wife's old cars has appeared online -- I'd recommend it as I know it wellhttp://www.gumtree.com/london/42/16183942.html

hi just wondered if the car was rear wheel drive

Must now be the most frequently asked question on Ebay Motors :lol: One assumes these people must have internet access in order to 'ask the seller a question' - why don't they just do some on-line research to find this out???

RWD handle better. This is of course a total myth perpetuated by the BMW marketing department so that they can continue to build cars with less space inside than they reasonably should have. :wink: The idea is that having the driving wheels just doing that and the steering wheels concentrating on that job makes things more enjoyable. The arguement goes that fwd cars just plough-on understeer, and rwd can corner faster. The reality is of course completely different. Drive a Marina or FSO Polonez with any gusto and you will understeer int a ditch pretty rapidly. You can push and push and push things like Golf & Pug GTi's and they won't exhibit huge understeer, but will go to snap oversteer if you lift off to suddenly. The current fashion for DRIVING LIKE A MONG, or as it's more commonly called 'drifting' is fuelling demand for cheap RWD cars, with ill-educated morons who used to crash XR3's forwards into a tree realising it's also quite fun to crash a Sierra backwards into a tree. And in the process, spoiling it for the rest of us. Now, you may think that from my known auto-delictations I will blather on about "RWD IS TEH BEST", but that's actually nonsense. I like my old RWD BMW's, because they have very tidy handling and feel sporty, but I also have deep love for whizzy GTi-type FWD stuff. I.e. If I wasn't driving a BMW I'd probably be in a Pug or Golf. The BMW does have the advantage of being able to do mild showing-off very easily and at about 10mph, sliding round corners dukes-of-hazzard-stylee. It's childish, but somethimes I just can't help myself....