For Sale: 1999 Rover 200 VI - 200 quid

wuvvum

Yes, I know I've only just bought this, but it needs stuff doing to it that I really can't be arsed with at the moment.

Good bits first:  it's basically a BRM without the slippy diff and orange grille, or, if you prefer, a 5-door Lotus Elise.  It has a 145bhp 1.8-litre VVC K-series engine, and it goes like poo off a spade - which is made all the more amusing by the fact that it looks like a proper giffermobile to the untrained eye - more specifically to the untrained eye of the twunt in the Evoque who thought he could barge his way past coming off a roundabout on the A47.  Ahem.

It's resplendent in pearlescent Nightfire red, with a bit of rust round the arches.  It has alloy wheels (really in need of a refurb, but look OK from a distance), ABS, and a fancy half leather interior with a height adjustable driver's seat, as well as the usual 200 bits (remote locking, electric sunroof and front windows etc).

The engine seems in good health - no untoward noises bar the usual slight K-series tappet chatter, no mixing of fluids, no overheating and, as already mentioned, pulls like a train and revs happily to 7,000.  The gearbox is nice and slick, brakes feel like usual Rover brakes but with discs all round they stop the car pretty quick if they have to.

Bad bits:  It needs four new tyres (185/55x15) and a nearside rear wheel bearing (about 27 quid off the Bay, easy to do as it's the whole hub that gets swapped).  It has locking wheel nuts and I don't have the key.  It also has a bit of grot along the nearside sill which will probably need patching for a test.

It's still MOT'd until 8th July so can be driven away - although heavy rain should probably be treated with caution due to the tyres.  I have a pair of 14" Rover steels with good tyres that I can donate - bring a smaller socket to hammer over the locking wheel nuts and you're good to go...

Pictures:

post-190-0-06144900-1432597506_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-30874400-1432597529_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-08727600-1432597550_thumb.jpg

Where are you?

Are the tyres legal to drive home?

Norfolk.  I keep forgetting to mention that little fact, don't I?

Two of the tyres are still legal, albeit not brilliant.  Two of them you'd be pushing your luck with if you were to get a tug.  Hence the steels / smaller socket proposal.

• 3 weeks later...

Whaddya know, looks like I did do a for sale thread for this one after all.  I'm starting to lose track...

Anyway, I've bought it a tyre (found a nice cheap part worn on the Bay), so it now comes with one decent tyre the right size (not fitted to a wheel though) and two decent wheels and tyres the wrong size (but which still fit).

This place is just getting silly with the raffle shizz though.

Possibly, but this doesn't seem to be selling the traditional way...

Just run into a possibly fundamental flaw with this plan - I can't remember my Paypal account login.  I'll have another go when I get home, and if I can get in I'll give this a whirl.