1997 Skoda Felicia L 1.3 - £450, Aberystwyth, 12 mths MOT

skoda_norman

1997 Skoda Felicia L 

1.3 5 door hatchback

12 months MOT

1997 Skoda Felicia L 1.3, in the brilliant atlantic green. I've owned this car for just short of two years, in which time it has provided 18,000 trouble free miles of service. The car was MOT'd on Friday 15th May 2015. It passed the MOT with no advisories. 

During my ownership I have carried out several upgrades to the car, which are as follows:

- Rebadged as an LXI for vanity's sake

- Fitted front fog lamps (genuine NOS parts fitted)

- Replaced the rear wash wipe relay with one from a GLXI; so it does a few swipes after you've used the screenwash

- Fitted 13" Favorit alloys

- Fitted LED bulbs allround (sidelights, interior lights, boot light, numberplate lights)

- Fitted upgraded Osram headlight bulbs

- Upgraded speakers in front doors to Sony Xplod items

- Fitted two 6x9 speakers in rear parcel shelf

- Replaced doorcards and seats with those from a Felicia Pacific (this was a special edition with very cool, blue seats)

- Fitted a centre console between front seats (this isn't actually bolted in place - I never got round to it; it doesn't move though)

- Installed a fire extinguisher in boot

- Upgraded the boot floor with much stronger MDF

- Fitted a tow bar; fully functioning

- Fitted a front strut brace

- Replaced the shock absorbers with Gaz items. These don't lower the car but stop the prodigious body roll

I've maintained the car well. Recent work includes a new exhaust (centre box and back box) in March at a cost of £105. This does rattle very occasionally. Replaced the hard to reach and often ignored fuel filter in August 2014. Had a new catalyst and lamda sensor fitted in May 2014 at a cost of £291. I carried out a full service at 57,800 miles (12 months ago). I've also sealed the windscreen - common fault. 

A Sony CD player headunit is included. This is high spec with bluetooth, USB and Aux inputs. Unfortunately the CD player bit doesn't work but it plays fine through the aux and USB. I will also include the seat cover for the front seat - under which is a 12v powered heated seat attachment. The interior could do with a bit of a clean. 

Body work is in overall good condition, as commented on by the MOT tester. This last week I have touched up the NSF wheel arch and OSR wheel arch. Neither were particularly rusty, but I rubbed them down, used Bilt Hamber's Deox-Gel on them and then painted with epoxy primer and then several coats of top coat.  I need to put the green on the NSF arch but it hasn't stopped raining! There is a little rust where the sill meets the door frame on the OSR door - see picture, and a small scab on the door.  I will include the aeresol of green paint I have and the missing front mudflap. Otherwise, my regular cleaning and coating vunerable area in WD40 have done the trick. Crucially, inner wheel arches and strut tops are good. 

I think the car speaks for itself. We've had a lot of fun in the car and "pmol" is well known in our circle of friends and within the Skoda Owners' Club. We've been all over in this little car, down to Devon and Dorset several times, over to Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and the North East. We've even taken it on a foreign jaunt to Belgium. Hopefully she'll find a good home who'll appreciate the fun and practical character of the car (particularly with these shocks fitted). With bshe is good to go. 

Roofrack is included. I will also include the original steel wheels (no tyres fitted) and any other odds and sods I have lying around. The sub in the boot is not included. Happy to negotiate on price to include a spare 68bhp engine and gearbox I have and a rally spec sump guard. 

Located in Aberystwyth

£450

== DISCLAIMER == 

Car is sold as seen. 

Due to work commitments, car cannot be collected before 5th June 2015.

Mileage subject to change through daily use. 

17834533836_d7580ef5ee_z.jpg

17860682875_91feeb4a05_z.jpg

17860651975_36b3e3e406_z.jpg

17861063291_0ce2b64758_z.jpg

17672790338_3c615f6272_z.jpg

17860770335_4a21a3fbdd_z.jpg

17861336631_2d4307b5bf_z.jpg

17674663139_c9ca70008f_z.jpg

17240571993_ddc46b26f1_z.jpg

17240624283_fe3886c730_z.jpg

17834780516_ecbc24de41_z.jpg

17672915988_e972c8588f_z.jpg

That looks tippety top!

Shame I have no space / money / need for it, but GLWTS. 

Have a free bump.

Thank you very much

Very tidy.

A 1.3 skoda with strut brace! Lol.

Skoda did fit that strut brace to 1.3 mpi Felicias, mine has one and just makes it impossible to remove the battery without removing the brace first.

Yes, but it wasn't fitted to the base models as this one is. This strut brace is also painted in marine grade fire hydrant red to make it totally unique! 

You can remove the battery without removing it - you just have to move the fuel supply pipe out of the way. Or remove the strut brace (4 nuts). Or not bother, because it has no charging issues and the battery was new in October. 

Skoda did fit that strut brace to 1.3 mpi Felicias, mine has one and just makes it impossible to remove the battery without removing the brace first.

Strut brace was fitted so they could build the group N rally cars;)

Re this one, looks lovely!

This could work well as a collection/ drive to shitefest roadtrip for the buyer ( the dates match perfectly) looks great and very well looked after ( sadly often not the case with felicias)

This could work well as a collection/ drive to shitefest roadtrip for the buyer ( the dates match perfectly) looks great and very well looked after ( sadly often not the case with felicias)

Indeed. Rob lives not very far away from Shitefest HQ Number 2 at all. Cadge a lift, drive home as a WINNAH.