Lada Samara 1.5GL now SOLD

minolman

Hello folks;

Regrettably I am going to sell my Lada Samara GL. It was rescued by another Autoshite member with only 12000 miles on the clock and loads of work was done on the car at the time to preserve it, and a lovely job was made. Its had brakes, clutch, all new red long life coolant, cambelt, dinitrol underneath etc. I have no time to do more work on the car. Its been off the road most of the winter to preserve it, although it had a lot of preservation work done underneath when it was owned by BenjyP10 on here, of the famous Garage of Delights. http://autoshite.com/topic/14869-garage-of-delights/ I was extremly pleased that he let it go for sale considering the gems he has in his collection! I paid £900 bearing in mind its low mileage, condition and rarity! ;)

It has a blemish on the leading edge of the front bonnet where it was repaired and needs revisiting again some time. It is a very smart and rare Saloon model with boot, not the hatchback and is very original. The plastic bumpers were colour coded on this car, a real rarity even at the time, apparently I was told there were very few done in this metallic green colour.

Its now done 27k miles, increasing it by 15k in just about 2 years. I used it and enjoyed it regularly as I like it and its able to keep up better in modern traffic than my Skoda Estelle :D It made an appearance on the Lada club stand at the NEC Show in November and was very much admired for its rarity. There are only about 4 of the Saloon models left on the road now in the UK, making this a very rare vehicle!

Since it was put away I used it a few times and it developed a roughness at idle. The suspicion was that the Ignition module was at fault. Sadly due to my Dad having a stroke and his illness worsening I simply haven't had the time to devote to working on this, or my Yugo 311 and Skoda Estelle. Last week I ordered the module and have fitted one. Its started first time, Yay! 

It still seems a bt lumpy on the idle when it warms up and I suspect that the carb needs a clean or the jets blowing through. In a block of garages I have no facilities and due to my family issues I just do not have the time. [Although I have several mechanic friends none of them have the time to look it over either, it seems.]

It is a lovely car to drive and with the larger 1.5 engine it goes well, and keeps up to motorway speeds no problem, it even has one of those funny econometers so you can supposedly play around with where your foot is on the accelerator pedal for best economy of fuel! :D However, due to the carb issue it cannot realistically be driven away. It would need to be collected. I know that the rebuild kit for the carb only costs in the region of £15, thats not my issue, I'm never here, as I work 12 hr shifts mostly on nights, and just cannot find the time. I would rather see it carry on being used than sat by my garage for another 6 months! Watch out for my Yugo potentially being advertised soon also! 

Open to Offers by PM.

post-17623-0-14003100-1431944851_thumb.jpg

Are you anywhere near Leicester? If it doesn't find a home before the end of June, I've got garage space and would probably find time to put a carb rebuild kit on it for you. Seems silly to have to part with it with a running fault rather than getting it to top spec, given all the effort put in to save it.

Thank you very much for your consideration. I'm sorry but I'm no where near anyone. I'm in North Yorkshire Lol.

Considering the number of mechanic friends I have they're all very busy people, or flake when an arranged time to come draws near ;) But you're a top Autoshitter for offering!

I don't know if you're on the Lada forum, but there's plenty of good advice there on the carburettor design and how to fix it. Are you planning to sell the Estelle & if so, would you have any pictures?

Edit: the Lada site is (somewhat predictably!) www.lada.co.uk 

Not really wanting to sell the Estelle. Its solid and good, but careworn paintwork. Its also the rare 120LE of which there are only 2 remaining. Mk1 front body with quad round lights, probably the most sought after front end design. But this has a rapid rear suspension set up, and a Favorit engine with 5 speed rapid box ;) I'm wanting to sell the Lada, and then maybe the Yugo, as Archivist of the Skoda Owners Club I have quite an affection for them ;)