Here we go again, part three. Triumphant NOW FORK SNAIL

Cavcraft

Well, the first 'proper' round of negotiations have started. The price mentioned to me sounds quite favourable, but I'd be happier with a  touch off it. I'm going to sleep on it I think then counter offer, I'm not going to take the piss, because they're clearly genuine and nice people. 

I musty admit I love the 1300 engines, so simple and easy to work on. That is why my Toledo has a 2 litre slant engine in it from a TR7. Makes perfect sense.

Wonder if anyone has squeezed in a Stag V8...

Oh, wait. Slant. 2.0.

"Hello. Saab? Yeah. Got any of those Turbo 16v things left?"

Almost as nuts as V8 marina - I'm sure somebody has done this.

There was a "works" V8 Marina done for the 1974 World Cup Rally.

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/cars/morris/marina-ital/archive-british-leyland-may-return-to-world-motor-sport/

Anyway, my dream Toledo has a Daimler V8.  With the "Long Tail" of the Dolomite and the front end of the FWD 1300. With overdrive of course. In giffer green.

• 1 month later...

Update time:

Someone (not on here) was interested and I passed details on, and assumed they'd bought it, but they'd not even got in contact. The grand-daughter and mother of the owner messaged me yesterday saying it's till at the garage, still not MOT'd and still for sale.

I went to view it just now, and recalled the garage had said all the welding was done last year, wouldn't need doing again, etc. Only it's not quite correct, as they got it on the ramp for a pre-MOT and said the inner sills want 'decent welding' or replacing and the outers want a tickle with the magic rod, too. 

Anyhow, because she got piss-arsed about, muggins here seems to have taken it on and I really don't need it as no room (my old 306 is being bought back on Saturday under duress) and no time plus I can't weld.

It was going to be weighed off, so like a tit I offered it to buy it (naturally for much more than scrap would ever pay), so if anyone wants it please sing out asap, as it's going to turn into a bleeding nightmare for me and I'll have to find storage for it, which is going to be a right pain in the arse.

So....if anyone wants it (as it is) how does £450 sound?

It's a bit odd, I think the owner's granddaughter being there last time I went put them on the spot, as they'd said last year they'd done it properly, yadda yadda.

Now it seems the bit they hadn't done last time (i.e the sills) have failed. 

To give them some 'benefit of the doubt' they might not have welded the sills last year, hence them failing this time round. It's a small one/two man band place (by the looks of it) so probably examined by whoever tested it last year.

I have tagged the 'for sale' bit onto this thread so people can make their own minds up about it due to the above, by the way.