Austin Princess & Renault 6 £550

vulgalour

As mentioned in the News Thread, I'm selling the Princess and Renault.  I'm selling both as spares cars, that's probably all they're good for to anyone other than me.  I've finally decided to throw the towel in.  I cannot make the progress I need to on either car, I'm sick of being told I can't do it and I'm tired of fighting to save two cars nobody but a handful of masochists give a shit about.  They're a drain on me and they need to go.  I'm keeping the Xantia because it works, not because it's special.

1980 Austin Princess & literal shedload of spares - £400

Thread: http://autoshite.com/topic/10789-1980-austin-princess-1702-update/

20150128-02_1.jpg

Comes with loads of spares.  Needs some welding to the the back end of the sills, the floor corners, one rear arch and the boot floor.  Paint needs redoing.  Is supplied with hydragas fluid and spare front displacer to replace the bust one.  Comes with a few panels, several boxes of parts, does run when it feels like it, needs tyres.

1975 Renault 6TL & a few spares - £150

Thread: http://autoshite.com/topic/15611-renault-6tl-crapaud-0605-green/

20150227-17.jpg

Comes with spare headlights, a tin of paint to finish the job, a pair of NOS front wings.  Engine seized but can be unstuck.  Body in surprisingly good condition but needs gutters repairing both sides.  Floors and chassis appear solid and all the trim is there that should be.

Needless to say, neither car has tax or MoT and will need to be trailered away.

Sorry to hear you are selling up, as I've really enjoyed reading about your adventures with the cars. But if you have decided enough is enough, then no one could blame you. The very best of luck with the sale, onwards and shitewards!

oh no....

i've been following you're trails and tribulations with these for a long while both here and on the blue forum, so the end of both is very, very sad,

if i cold take them i would.

i'm hoping that you will feel better about them both in a few days time, if nothing else your endless enthusiasm and can do attitude in the face of old cars been badly behaved twats and arses is something that i have enjoyed.

this news pleases me not, it makes me sad....

Always sad to see somebody reach the end of their tether. I hope the sales go well. I have found more weldage required on Minor today and its quite serious. It has averaged 800 quid a year for the last five years. Bloody stupid. Its in the naughty shed for now I just cannot deal with it at the moment - fully understand your frustration.

I have learned to manage this problem, by shutting the garage doors and forgetting about it all for a bit. As long as you're mobile, these can wait and get fixed whenever.

Yup. I used this as my mantra vis-a-vis decorating my entire house.

It is honestly a shame you are selling up Angyl but I suppose they do get to you in the end.

To be honest I'm with Bolx on this. Forgetting you own them for a while and concentrating your efforts on other things may rekindle the passion. Loosing your mojo on shite cars isn't unknown and there have been others who have got rid whilst the passion is lost and regretted it later on.

This is one of the reasons why I've been so at pains to keep my a hold of my 800s. The Coupe was too much for me and I knew that, but I knew that with the right kind of money coming in, I could keep my other cars and get them on the road at my own leisure. Hopefully this new job will at the very least contribute to buying me some more time and give me some change to concentrate on re-roading the 800s, but right now I'm happy forgetting I own them and concentrating on more important stuff like Mrs_Sterling, life and Merc.

I haven't the energy, motivation or time to devote to them at all.  I've been struggling to just find the time I have over the past year.  I'm exhausted and I've had enough and I can't see things changing so I'm cutting my losses.

I don't want to, especially the Princess, but sometimes this happens.

Really, it should come as no surprise, people have been banging on at me about how I take too much on and should give up for years.  I guess they're finally right.  It's kinda depressing when you look at it like that.

I understand totally about the mojo issue. I have been there several times and no doubt will continue to do so.

Clearing the decks can be quite therapeutic and gives you a chance to re-evaluate and regroup. 

Maybe you can save up a few bob and then get something fun, something that maybe only requires a light recommissioning perhaps. Something like a Tr7 powered Triumph Toledo. Oops, did I really say that?

Before you go all Charles Bronson on them, just give yourself a few days head space before truly committing to sellage. Just my 2p worth mate.

We all have loved the threads on these two worthy vehicles and will miss further episodes. However, there is still the Onion Bus to keep you (and us) occupied.

Chin up Mon Brave!

Does seem a shame after all the effort but I know how you feel, I used to get like that sometimes before I had a couple of decent working classics

I really shouldn`t as I already have an unroadworthy 16 but  I really fancy a 6. First car I ever drove when I was 7 on Pendine Sands...

Have a few weeks away from shite maybe, and if you still want to sell then I`ll take the Renault. Never liked Princesses though....

I know the feeling when you get very ( perhaps too) absorbed in something. It can be almost a weight lifted off your shoulders when you step back and see that you can choose not to be. I think many of us here would describe ourselves as having a car obsession and its easy to be drained by it when theres a lot going on.

Ive cleared the decks myself in the past, always a tough decision, hope you find the right chod/life balance

The Renner wants weighing tbh. Nobody will save that.

The Wedge though is a running driving car and ought to live on. But to have a few quid in your sky and not have the weight of old shitters on your mind does make you walk on air for a bit.

I don't sell cars so I have to keep them. Imagine how I feel. It's never ending but I am on top of everything.