Kallista Project, MOT'd and Handed Over

tommotech

You gunna get it on the dyno for a tune up before papping it in?

Proper oldschool build this - no newfangled trickery and electronics, should be a hoot to drive:)

That would be nice but time is against me. I may be able to get the car on a chassis dyno after the Resto Show though.

Excellent - do you wish me to commence research on how to apply BOOOST? cos you'll want more power soon enough!

That's the next project, another Kallista but this time an upgrade from CVH to Colognes finest V6 in 2.9 flavour. Car and engine are waiting patiently for the black car to be finished. Another thread I'm sure.

Decent amount of progress today, wings, front valance, headlights and seats finished. Paintwork rectification tomorrow but I'm in Germany later in the week for work, meaning I have to rely on other people to do the right thing. They're good people though, so all should be good - showtime at the weekend! Anyone going?

Have some more photos for effect, hopefully they don't get rotated.

post-19581-0-28290400-1490563298_thumb.jpg

post-19581-0-91348400-1490563361_thumb.jpg

Had an enjoyable show with some fantastic comments about the quality of the Kallista. Really pleased that a firm offer has been made and accepted, for a handover on 30 April at Catton Park. Details to be finalised but the next month is going to be busy, engine to finish, EPAS to finalise, MOT and shakedown. I also want to get it across a dyno to check output.

Have a preview of Kallista 2, 2.9i V6 already procured for this one!

post-19581-0-74701200-1491166834_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After two years the Kallista is MOT'd and handed over to its new owner, at Ragley Hall yesterday.

The car had one final wobble when the heater valve pissed itself during the test. However, it passed with no advisory items and it drives well (for a 1982 car with few refinements!). Proper driveability with non of your modern systems meddling with your inputs!

To add to the excitement it won best in class at Ragley Hall yesterday, where it was handed to its new owner.

The project has been challenging on occasions, enjoyable mostly but ultimately rewarding.

Have some final pics

post-19581-0-96902500-1496053436_thumb.jpg

post-19581-0-65110400-1496053494_thumb.jpg