93 L reg Vauxhall Cavalier MK3 1.8i LS. Raffle is off! Keeping it. 29/07/15

Burnside

Brilliant :D

I knew you loved it too much to let it go!

Guilty! Thanks just can't wait to get it back on road now.

I'll post up some updates on AS in the future once weldage etc is completed. I'll probably have to paint the sill for now with spray cans but hopefully next year if needs be it can be sprayed by a bodyshop along with a few other odds an ends I've planned on sorting.

Just got to suss out whats the cause of the emissons fail and have the rear brake pipes replaced before getting a new Mot. Whatever it will be sorted. :-)

Brilliant news :-)

Great news Mike, glad your keeping it!

Thanks I hadn't found anything else I liked enough to replace it with either apart from a Fiat Tempra 1.6 ie on ebay an the chap never responded to my messages anyway maybe that was a sign not to get rid?  

It needs a good Italian* tune-up.

Joe Cleland to the rescue!

Think I'll do that prior to the Mot always works on are Fiats. :-) If that fails then I let the garage figure it out!

Drove it down a private road outside my dads the other day and the Cav seams fine other than a bit of rust on the brakes just needs a wash again too thanks to the local farmers spraying the fields.

As the tyres have all started cracking I'm going to 'borrow' my dads spare 14inch 5 spoke Fox alloys as they have 2 good 185 / 65 / R14's so only need to find two more the same size to get them on for the Mot as well. Don't worry no stupid massive spoilers or led lights will follow.