93 L reg Vauxhall Cavalier MK3 1.8i LS. Raffle is off! Keeping it. 29/07/15

Burnside

Just to let you all know that things are on hold for a short while more than likely in the next week or so. Just waiting on sorting out somthing else 1st before a final decision is made regarding offering my Cav as a raffle.

If I go ahead with the Raffle would numbers 1-50 at £4 each be ok for everyone?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, Sorry I hadn't updated this sooner as mentioned last was waiting to see if I could get it fixed but last night a friend said he just too busy etc. In the meantime my dad brought another Motor taking his count upto 5 plus my Cav and we have 3 cars at my mums so sadly I'm being forced to admit defeat. :-( 

So as mentioned previously if everyone ok with £4 a Ticket then I do a Raffle? Numbers 1- 50.

Guess payment via Paypal the best way unfortunately.

Please note I'd Ideally like this sold and gone from my Fathers Address in Meaham DE12. Within 2 weeks of the Raffle taking place but isn't set in stone at the minute.

Cav as stated is a Mot Failure car needing attention to drivers inner / outer sill with Drivers Sill Skin and rear arch repair panel plus passangers not really needed yet as not too bad, and emissions an rear brake pipes need attention. Noticed all four tyres have cracks really peeved about that as the front Avons are only 18 mths old. Still run/ drives ok. Put a can of Petrol in last week as it was low so just out the red now.

If stillORANGE still wants no; 10 and 44 as mentioned let me know asap I'll hold these numbers off till the end of the Weekend.

Any questions etc just ask really want this to go to a good home. Please no Car killers or Banger Racers as rather let it rust at my Dads for now an hope I can get it sorted next year!

2 raffles at once is a recipe for problems seeing as its the same people buying the tickets every time

I know what you mean but I figured this is the best way of giving the old Cav a chance so I'll see how the Raffle goes and what will be will be.

Sealtainn and eddyramrod I'll see how the Raffle goes over this weekend before I PM anybody regarding payment.

Cheers.

Why don't you offer it for say £100 (if you can afford to) with the promise that when it's fixed up by someone you get first refusal at a discounted price when they sell it. You'll also get the benefit of seeing how it's progressing on here. I think you'll be struggling to raffle it as there is raffle fatigue at the moment and it obviously needs a bit of work to get an MOT so it's more of a gamble. Either that or reduce the ticket price to drum up more demand.

Why don't you offer it for say £100 (if you can afford to) with the promise that when it's fixed up by someone you get first refusal at a discounted price when they sell it. You'll also get the benefit of seeing how it's progressing on here. I think you'll be struggling to raffle it as there is raffle fatigue at the moment and it obviously needs a bit of work to get an MOT so it's more of a gamble. Either that or reduce the ticket price to drum up more demand.

I appreciate the advice. lt's as you saying it more about finding the Cav a good home hopefully than the money really. Though the cash generated would be usefull as it be used towards a replacement as me and my Brother are going on holiday middle of Sept an could do with a family size 5dr for four ppl and luggage etc. But as I said we see how things go with the Raffle over the weekend 1st an take from there.

Also someone PM'd me on AS regarding the welding it needs so maybe this thread may take a completly diffrent direction yet!

Am I sick of seeing those yellow MOT etchings! One day an MOT tester is going to be admitted to A&E bum department to have a yellow crayon removed from his anus.

Opel/Vauxhall got it 100% right with the Cavalier/Astra range in the 90's, they are great cars.

Yer it's a bit of a gripe with me too as when the passanger side sill failed 5 years ago the b*s**rds had clearly hammered dents into the sill to fail it! Though to be fair the Drivers side where I took it they failed it without resorting to that underhanded tactic so can't complain.

Thanks for the kind comments I agree these and the Astras are good motors been really impressed with mine in the 7 years of owning it now hence my reluctance with selling it but at the momment just doesn't seam like I'm getting the luck on my side but hopefully It might change. :-)

You could try Al Bundy on here. He came and welded my MR2 a few months back. He did a good job as was reasonably priced. He's based in Leicester so not that far. I'll be getting in contact with him when I get my 1993 Astra on the road as that needs a bit at the back underneath.

As said, surely there must be someone on here who could do the required welding in exchange for tea & biscuits/beer & hookers**

** delete as applicable :-)

You could try Al Bundy on here. He came and welded my MR2 a few months back. He did a good job as was reasonably priced. He's based in Leicester so not that far. I'll be getting in contact with him when I get my 1993 Astra on the road as that needs a bit at the back underneath.

Thanks hadn't though to ask the AS flock if someone would be able to tackle the welding. Funny enough it was Al Bundy who PM'd me, hope he doesn't mind me saying. So I'll keep you posted folks!

OK, now I'm hoping you post up that the raffle is off!  If there's a handy welder among us who can get to you, surely that's got to be the best outcome for the car.  Good luck!

Thanks looks like I might be keeping it hopefully but just might be a couple of months till it's done which feels like a age away!  Once I know 100% then I'll let you all know. :-D  

OK, now I'm hoping you post up that the raffle is off!  If there's a handy welder among us who can get to you, surely that's got to be the best outcome for the car.  Good luck!

I think that is the best outcome.  Good luck!

Thank's well some good news update! It look's like the old boy staying after all. :-D So the raffle / sale is off as hopefully it's off to Leicester in September for weldage with Al Bundy. So it should make a return to the road in the next few months after that.