93 L reg Vauxhall Cavalier MK3 1.8i LS. Raffle is off! Keeping it. 29/07/15

Burnside

Hi this easily one of the hardest decisions that I've had to make but sadly it's time to part with my 1993 L Cavalier 1.8i LS Hatch in Nautilus Blue due to simply a lack of space and £££'s.

I have owned this nearly 7 years and it done everything I could ask of it and more it's just a great all round car took me, my brother and Father on Holiday over Wales to Tywyn from the Midlands last year and the year before to Portsmouth 4 up with holiday gear both without any problems.

Sadly the Cav failed it's Mot February this year on Rust to the inner and outer Drivers rear half of the sill. Emissions and both rear brake pipes. I took it off the road with the intention of having the Bodywork professionally repaired but a lack of money/ work has prevented this happing so far.

I've been told that the Cav needs to be moved shortly due to my Mums partner buying a new Pickup and doesn't want it left out on the street and my Cavs taking it's parking spot. :-(

So will be moving it to my Dads but he doesn't really want it at his either so sadly I'm just going to have to try and sell it instead.

Done a genuine 194,000 but don't let that put you off these Cavaliers are capable of 300,000! 1st time starter I've maintained regardless of cost using Genuine Parts where possible. Sump has got a leak but I just top it up. Had a new oil and filter just 200 miles ago and last year had a new gear linkage kit fitted.  

I have loads of paperwork to show all the bits and pieces that's been done in my ownership too.

Will come with a replacement Drivers Sill skin and a pair of rears arches and have 2/3 boxes of various spares that might be available too.

Am looking for £150 ideally still insured till 27th May and has get you home Tax till the end of August really would like this to go to a good home so please someone help!

Located at WS9 in Aldridge but the Cav will be moving to DE12 after the weekend pictures to follow. Any questions just ask.

Oof sad times. Much love here for the mk3. NO CAN HAZ. :(

Thanks KruJoe feel really gutted to have to sell it like this. I hadn't planned to sell it at all and had ever intention on getting it fixed but my hand been forced now so to speak.

Bargain, plus those 1.8 engines live forever and ever.

Thanks Cavcraft and also everything on these engines is nice and easy to get at should you need too. Your MK1 Cav looks fantastic haven't seen one on the road since about 1992 when a local window cleaner had 1.6 GL saloon in red with full roof rack and ladder combo.

I gave the Cav a quick wash yesterday so I've took some pictures so you can see it in all it's glory. :-)  Also those Corsa D wheel trims are brand new!

DSCN3511_zpscvwdacdx.jpg

DSCN3518_zpsoxl9opbs.jpg

DSCN3519_zpsqs2xq6r6.jpg

DSCN3512_zpsztskze42.jpg

DSCN3513_zpsopuhxdfj.jpg

An next are the pictures of the rust in it's not so welcomed glory just so people can judge for themselves. :-(

It's holed just on the drivers rear inner sill / floor where the arch meets the sill in one area just shown multiple pics of it the biggest problem is the rusty area is both side of the rear beam support making it a bit of a pitta job but is certainly fixable.

The drivers rear arch ideally wants replacing as the lower dogleg part is just filler that's now cracking but you could easily filler it for now but as mentioned it will come with a arch panel along with an outer sill skin.

Passenger side sill is fine having been replaced about four years ago not that you would notice and is still solid too arch is a lot better that side but have a arch panel for it too.

DSCN3464_zps0cdbjtdu.jpg

DSCN3462_zpsfb9azes7.jpg

DSCN3461_zpsdeov6alj.jpg

DSCN3458_zpsxisuml4c.jpg

DSCN3457_zpsnhrdbsqf.jpg

DSCN3454_zpshnw49gkm.jpg

DSCN3449_zpssys3nf2o.jpg

DSCN3446_zpsuaj2acqv.jpg

DSCN3445_zpstpcp7pa5.jpg

DSCN3434_zpslojihuvq.jpg

DSCN3427_zpskmynren9.jpg

DSCN3429_zpsjus0sv57.jpg

DSCN3428_zps3z11onu8.jpg

DSCN3430_zps62ldjtel.jpg

DSCN3521_zpsyxejtpd2.jpg

All in all it's no show car but it's far from a shed in my view either yes it has it's fair share of scratches / car park dings but it always polishes up nicely and people always say what a nice car it is and I use to have one etc.

So if someone on here fancies taking it on and wants to ask me anything just ask I've had the cambelt done about 2 years ago inc tensioner / waterpump. New radiator and backbox around the same time and there a new genuine breather pipe that I changed after it failed the Mot that cost just over £30 from Vauxhall.  

I stand by my previous comment.

That's a 90's-tastic colour too. Lovely in the sunshine.

Thanks KruJoe the colour does look great even just after a quick wash have seen quite a few Cavs this colour since I've owned it too. Still think it more a Green than a Blue but it is nice. Felt quite sad taking these pictures just wish I could get it fixed sometime soon but things as I've said just seam to be going against it happing.

Wow Mike, sorry to hear about your hand beimg forced to sell, seems to be going around right now. Would it help if I found a garage in Telford for ya? Bournville Housing trust (in Telford) seem to have had garages available, don't know if they still do but it's worth a try if it means you can hang on to your car?

Wow Mike, sorry to hear about your hand beimg forced to sell, seems to be going around right now. Would it help if I found a garage in Telford for ya? Bournville Housing trust (in Telford) seem to have had garages available, don't know if they still do but it's worth a try if it means you can hang on to your car?

Hi Mo that's really good of you. If you don't mind finding out that would be appreciated. Not sure how much I can afford as things are really tight money wise and then there the issue of moving it but at least it gives me a possible option.   

Hope everything going ok your end?

There should  be garages available near you, at  about  £35 per  month; not too dear, but it might add up over the long term

http://www.whg.uk.com/main.cfm?type=RENTINGAGARAGE

Thanks for the link we had tried them before but they never even replied to are email? Might give it another try, need to do something quick as my Mums home tomorrow and I had said I get it shifted before they got back off there Holidays. The joys of being unable to afford my own space at 31!

So think I'll run it over my Dads house for now but he a bit pushed for space so he can't store it on his drive too long but I see how things go.

Thats very nice, looks a bargain for someone with the knowledge to weld up where needed.

Thanks that's the only stumbling block for me is the welding just difficult these days for me to find A. Someone I can trust. B. Someone I can afford.

If someone as you say can tackle the welding there be on to a winner!  

Just driven this to my dads house today, 25 miles and drove great as always so it will be at DE12 just a few minutes off junction 11 M42 for now.

Bump anybody interested? Got seven days till my insurance policy + tax will have to be surrendered. So could still get away with taking it away for a Mot before then. ;-)

I am open to offers to a good home rather letting it go to some idiot who destroy it.

How has this not sold yet???????????????

Bargain

I sold loads of these back in the day. Used to buy them from auction. Never seemed to have anything mechanically wrong with them unlike the shite that came out after

This should be an Autoshite wet dream

Thanks,

I was hoping it would have had more interest than it has but maybe it's just not rare enough yet to get more people interested? 

I knew a friend of my dads who brought a 87 D reg MK2 Cavalier 1.8 GLSi hatch for £200 off a fellow UK builder in Germany back in the late 1990's and came back to the Midlands with it. Must have kept it 5/6 years and used to put cement mixers / bricks in the back and it never gave him any grief. Think that memory of that Cavalier is what made my mind up to buy this one.

As you say Cavs just seam to mechanically keep going I've seen other 1.8 / 2.0 8v Cavs with 300,000+ on them.

god id be on this like a whore on cock if i was uk based, just to weld it, mot it and punt it on. it deserves saving.

Cheers it's my lack of ability to weld plus £££s that are the only thing stopping me getting fixed. I'm just been through a run of things not going my way at the moment and the timing of this couldn't have been worse so can't see me affording to get it fixed anytime soon which is a real shame. It deserves better.

• 4 weeks later...

Update! Still got this for sale and have sorned it from the end of last month. It is currently residing at my Dads house in Measham DE12. So If anyone interested Im open to offers.

Or would I be better off joining the AS Car Raffle craze?

Yes.

Andy really likes Cavaliers :)

Thanks well If there enough AS Cavalier fans / people are interested then a Raffle will be on!

Can supply with it if wanted a drivers sill skin + rear arch repair panels.and also the various Cavalier spares I have in 2 / 3 boxes of used parts and a few new bits an pieces too for the lucky buyer / winner. ;-)

Would need some MOT for me to be interested but there might be others up for it.

If I could get the welding done sometime this side of xmas for the Mot then I wouldn't be selling it! Might be a small chance I could ask a friend if he could trailer it to you as you not that far away from Measham being in Leicester?