Cavalier Mk1 1.6GL SOLD

Cavcraft

1977 Cavalier Mk1 1.6GL

MOT September 2015

'Taxed to get you home'

48,000 miles from new

Three owners on the V5, effectively one owner for most of it's life, he'd always garaged it.

The spare wheel still has the original GM stamp on the Michelin tyre and has clearly never been used.

Runs great, when cold it's takes a little while to start, a garage had told last owner it needs a non-return valve on the fuel line as the petrol runs back to the tank. It always starts though and pulls well. 

Paintwork a bit ropey, the roof is sort of blotchy, seemingly the widow of the first owner left something on top of the car in the garage.

There's a v.small hole on rear edge of driver's wing and a reasonable bit of surface rust here and there. It really wants garaging, something I can't do as mine is leaking so a waste of time.

I'm not getting enough use out of it and can't garage it, which is just criminal, it really is.

autoshite cavalier.jpg

Cavalier Mk1 Ollie river.jpg

Cavalier Mk1 river 08 March 15.jpg

I'll get loads more pictures soon as.

Value?

It'll be hard to call I reckon, so I'm going to say about £1,395 which (I hope and think) is pretty fair given it's not mint, but very original.

I might swap for something fast/stupid/expensive to run (inc. modern or old motorbike), same value, or cheaper and cash my way, as I've got my eyes on another old Vauxhall I fancy.

Oddly enough I looked into shipping (another car) to Australia a couple of years back, I think it was something like £1600 on the open deck.

I will regret selling this but it needs a better owner, really it does. Will take something cheap and cash my way if it helped anyone