1991 'H' Mercedes 190E 2.0 Auto - NOW £900 - Teesside

JohnK

Further bid to make some movement in the fleet - reluctant sale, possible Autoshite-bike here!

1991 'H' Mercedes 190E 2.0 Auto

MOT: May 2016

123k miles

Bought this from Trigger in January, ran it around for a bit, had plans for it but then things have gone on the back burner with it due to the purchase of the latest E23. I love the Merc, but BMW's are more my thing, so unfortunately my focus has got to go there!

It's not a bad car at all. Starts, drives and runs well. These Mercs really do drive well!

I've replaced a couple of suspension bushes on it and re-welded exhaust mounts as they were starting to break away a bit. Drives very tight with no problems. I'll MOT it for sale (current test expires 15th May) and sure it will fly through.

Exterior is in really good condition, some minor scratches around it but nothing major. No rust. Alloys arent in bad condition, decent tyres on them and 2 spare rims come with the car.

Interior also in really good condition.

I do have a 190E 2.0 spares car here as well, so I can supply constant stream of available parts for the purchaser if they so wish. I would negotiate a reasonable price to sell the spares car alongside this to be fair if any potential buyer wanted it. It is partially stripped though so would need trailering away or I can deliver at cost.

Looking for £1150 ono for this. Will consider cheaper part ex also, cars are always welcome to me!

I will get some more pictures on shortly as Photobucket is being a pain. Heres the basic jist of it

19 Jul 2015 - Price is now £900 to a shiter

post-19231-0-23041600-1430339368_thumb.jpg

I'm fairly reluctant to sell it to be honest mate. As you know from when I bought it, I do rate 190E's highly and this is a very good example.

I've been having a proper battle with myself over recent weeks over what I sell. It's a toss up between the 190E and E34 525i and I just can't quite decide. I'm tempted to put the 525i up for sale as well and just go with whatever sells first...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had 2 'seriously interested parties' - one failed to turn up for the viewing he arranged and the other was a complete numpty that was blatantly looking for a brand new car. Kept comparing it to the one he bought brand new in 1988.

I've been looking at getting another Prelude, though a later one than the one I had (3rd gen, which bobthebeard now owns) as the 5th gen ones are relatively cheap and come loaded with cruise control and AC generally as standard. Some also have 4WS (4 Wheel Steer) which is awesome and hilarious.

I looked at your original post but didn't see any info, does this have AC or cruise control at all? I know I'm being pedantic, but I munch a lot of motorway miles and CC is a godsend for saving your right foot. AC is wanted because I get fooking bad hayfever and it gets so bad I can't actually drive any non-AC car in the height of summer. I know, I'm a wuss. But it's difficult to drive when you can't see anything due to your eyes exploding.

After switching from manuals to an auto then back to manuals, and having to do several clutch changes, I can safely say I much prefer autos.

• 1 month later...

I had made the decision to keep this and took it off sale - however it is now back available again, at a reduced price of £900 to a shiter.

I've seen something I really want so cash fundz are much needed.

It was on there for a fair few weeks Ian and I didn't even so much have a sniff of interest.

It's a strange one really as it's a great car but 190's seem to be In limbo.

I'm reluctant to get rid of the Sierra or the X plate E23, but if needs be I may have to test the market with them and keep this. This is by far the better car of the three as well!

The time will come when w201s are priced out of our range, but I don't think it's gonna be for a while. They're still a pretty common sight in everyday traffic, they were built too well!

This one looks really nice for the money

Would be very tempted if this was a bit closer. £900 for a good one of these is the best use I can think of for a bag of sand. The problem with these cars is that only those who own them know how good they are but are unlikely to need another for a very long time. I would seriously consider putting one of these up the barn as a spare but that feels like a waste....